• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Query of Queries child sorting

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When preforming a query of query I am losing the sort order of the cached query.

The column that the cached query is sorting by is not one I could use in the new

query. Is there any way to keep the sorting the same through both queries?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused. If you can't order by the original column, how would you expect the new query to be sorted by that column?

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

The original query gets sorted properly. I was thinking that when I queried the original query the sort order would still be the same, just a smaller result set based on the columns I selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ben!

Can't you just include an ORDER BY clause in the second query? There's no guarantee that any query will be sorted the way you want it without an ORDER BY clause.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave,

That might be the route I will have to try. I have it structured in a way that my first query is one that has all of the data my page needs, it is the query that currently gets sorted and I am querying this query in order to have a smaller result set and remove duplicate results. The column I am omitting in the second query gets duplicate results when I add it in since it adds in unique values. I might just have to rework my logic or figure out a way to remove duplicating results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation