• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running ColdFusion 10 on a server Running Windows Server 2016

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed ColdFusion 10 on a server running Windows Server 2016.  I then installed the Mandatory Update.  I am getting the following server error 404 - File or directory not found when I try to access the following URL https://saweb1.matrix.txstate.edu/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm.  Searching the Adobe website I found an article that mentions installing an updated wsconfig.jar to correct the problem.  I have been unable to locate a copy of the wsconfig.jar to download.  Will an updated copy of the wsconfig.jar file resolve my error or do I need to install something else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do other cf pages in the site work? If so, then your issue is that as of cf2016, you're no longer to access the admin via iis. Instead you're to use cf's built-in web server. Try:

https://saweb1.matrix.txstate.edu:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

But note that the port would likely be blocked by default (by your firewall) if accessed from off the server, so you may need to be on the server to access it (an intentional security protection).

In that case, if the above doesn't work while in a browser ON the server, try changing the domain name to localhost or 127.0.0.1 (keeping the port).

Let us know how it goes 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie,

Adding the port number did not fix the problem. In your response you mentioned cf2016. We are trying to setup cf10. Will cf10 run on a server running Windows Server 2016 or do we need to upgrade to cf2016?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie's message had you trying to use the built-in web server. But if you didn't choose that during the initial installation, it won't be available.

I suspect that CF 10 doesn't come with a compatible web connector for the version of IIS that comes with Windows Server 2016. You might be able to upgrade the web connector after the initial install through the CF Admin update page, but that has to work for you to be able to do that in the first place. So, my recommendation is that you uninstall and reinstall CF 10 from scratch, and during the install you choose "built-in web server" when prompted. Then, CF will not be configured to use IIS at all, and it will use its own web server at TCP/8500 by default and you'll be able to use the URL that Charlie gave you. Then, you can log in and install whatever updates are available, and finally you can run the web server configuration tool by itself (as admin) and try making connections to IIS then.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

I was able to complete the installation of ColdFusion 10 on our new server using the instructions you provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that! Happy holidays!

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave.

How do you make it or change it to use IIS then after the initially selecting builtin webserver?

thanks

Lawrence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the web server configuration tool to set this up:

https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/configuring-administering/web-server-management.html#Webservercon...

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh that one! thanks! I forgot about that one as we're decommissioning CF LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately it does not work on windows 2019 after a fresh install on CF10 using built-in server and trying to change it to use IIS gives the error that it only supports IIS up to version 8 and not 10.x which is for Win 2019 servers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for later versions of Windows (and IIS) was added only in later versions of CF. That said, it's POSSIBLE that support for IIS 10 was made available in some update of CF10 (it was updated until 2017, and IIS 10 came out with Windows 10 and Server 2016). I realize you are on Server 2019, but it also comes with IIS 10.

My point here is that before you give up that it's "not possible", make sure you have applied the latest availble CF10 update (I think it was 23), and THEN run the wsconfig tool. The CF updates often do update the connector tool (wsconfig), and so you may find it COULD work.

If it DOES NOT, then you can still get things to work, just manually. There was a blog post from Adobe on this some years ago, and the concepts would still apply in your case: https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-iis-manual-connector-configuration.html

Let us know if either gets you going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup.. all patched up but still does not work... even upgraded the java to 8 (from 7) and using the web gui failed... I'll do the manual one again if possible on Windows 2019 server.. if not, maybe I'll just do an in-place windows 2012 upgrade from 2008 server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another question as I was reading how to change it manually... what is this "magic-number" they are referring to when I need to create that folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just pick a number. 1 is fine. Nothing magic about it. Just someone trying to be clever. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation