• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scheduled jobs fail

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on CF9 and all my scheduled jobs used to work but now all fail. After running them manually I get 7 error msgs. I eliminated those that don't apply and here is the one left that I don't understand. Has anyone seen it?

• The URL is protected by IIS NT Challenge/Response or Apache .htaccess password. The Username and Password text fields for editing a scheduled task are intended to support Basic Authentication only.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scheduled tasks essentially run a CFHTTP call to run a CFM page.  If that CFM file sits in a folder on your web server that is protected by authentication and authorization settings, then you have to set username/password on the scheduled task in order to pass the authentication.  If you are using basic authentication, this works fine.  If you are using Windows Authentication, it's a bit trickier.  I can't remember how I've gotten around it in the past, but I think a similar question popped up recently on this forum.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the project I'm working on, we had a similar problem.  CFSchedule worked fine our dev server, but when we tried on Test and Production, the scheduled tasks didn't run.  Test and Production on are on a secure server.  Rather than passing the required credentials to get the scheduled tasks to run, we wrote a script in our login_setup.cfm.  First we check if application.scheduledtaskDate is set.  If it is not set, we set it to the day before today.  Then we check if this application variable is less than today.  If it is, we reset the variable to today, then call our scheduled functions.  This way our scheduled tasks only run once per day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation