• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scheduled Task Event Handler Issue - CF 2018

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to implement a custom event handler to monitor our scheduled tasks.  Ideally i will log the data into a db and make it searchable, but in the mean time I am just trying to fire an email to make sure it gets called.  Unfortuntately the emails are not comming through, however I know the SMTP is set up correctly.  Here is a copy of the logs and handler cfc I tested. Any ideas on why the emails arent sending or why I am getting the error that the Response Cannot Be Null?

I set the handle up in the Sceduled Task set up under more settings to point to my custom handler.  When I fire the jobs, I do not see th email but instead see this in the logs,

In the scheduler log I see

Jul 10, 2019  12:25:00 PM  Error  DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-8 
Response cannot be null
Jul 10, 2019  12:25:00 PM  Information  DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-8 
Task GROUP_NAME.Brendan Test triggered.
Jul 10, 2019  12:25:00 PM  Error  DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-8 
Response cannot be null

And in the coldfusion-out.log I see

102391Jul 10, 2019 12:25:00 PM Error [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-8] - Response cannot be null
102392Jul 10, 2019 12:25:00 PM Information [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-8] - Task GROUP_NAME.Brendan Test triggered.
102393Jul 10, 2019 12:25:00 PM Information [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-8] - Starting HTTP request {URL='http://local.test.com/login/login.cfm', method='get'}
102394Jul 10, 2019 12:25:00 PM Information [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-8] - HTTP request completed {Status Code=200 ,Time taken=16 ms}
102395Jul 10, 2019 12:25:00 PM Error [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-8] - Response cannot be null

I have created a taskHandler.cfc

<cfcomponent implements="CFIDE.scheduler.ITaskEventHandler">

<cffunction name="onTaskStart" returntype="boolean">

<cfargument name="context" type="struct"/>

<cfmail from="myEmail@myEmail.com" subject="onTaskStart" to="myEmail@myEmail.com" type="html"><cfdump var="#arguments#"></cfmail>

<cfreturn true>

</cffunction>

<cffunction name="onMisfire" returntype="void">

<cfargument name="context" type="struct" required="false"/>

<cfmail from="myEmail@myEmail.com" subject="onMisFire" to="myEmail@myEmail.com" type="html"><cfdump var="#arguments#"></cfmail>

</cffunction>

<cffunction name="onTaskEnd" access="public" returntype="void">

<cfmail from="myEmail@myEmail.com" subject="onTaskEnd" to="myEmail@myEmail.com" type="html"><cfdump var="#arguments#"></cfmail>

</cffunction>

<cffunction name="onError" returntype="void">

<cfmail from="myEmail@myEmail.com" subject="onError" to="myEmail@myEmail.com" type="html"><cfdump var="#arguments#"></cfmail>

</cffunction>

<cffunction name="execute" returntype="void">

<cffile action="append" file="#Expandpath('.')#/log.txt" output="<b>In Execute</b>">

</cffunction>

</cfcomponent>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an error in the documentation on the cfschedule listener at

https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/developing-applications/developing-cfml-applications/using-the-co...

I have just reported it: CF-4204837.

To solve your problem, add an argument to the 'execute' event, as follows:

<cffunction name="execute" returntype="void">

<cfargument name="context" type="struct" required="false" />

<cffile action="append" file="#Expandpath('.')#/log.txt" output="<b>In Execute</b>">

</cffunction>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I have added in the argument but am still be presented the Response cannot be null error.

I am wondering if this is a new issue since moving to the quartz engine.  I am going to try and do some additional error handling to see if I can determine where the repose cannot be null is coming from.  Ill update the ticket if / when I find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, strange. What do the following logs say?

mail

exception

scheduler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation