• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scheduled Task Timeout Not Being Applied

Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently migrated a legacy Windows 2003 Server running several ColdFusion 8 websites to a new Windows 2012 virtual server running ColdFusion 11. After much testing, everything is pretty much running smoothly, with one exception. I have a few Scheduled Tasks that are setup in ColdFusion Administrator with a "Timeout (in seconds)" value ("7200") that is greater than the "Timeout Request after seconds" value ("60") set in the Server Settings > Settings. When any of these Scheduled Tasks runs, they timeout at 60 seconds.

Is this a bug, a known issue, or expected behavior?

Will using CFSETTING with a "requesttimeout" value within the template file resolve this?

Thank you,

Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this link ColdFusion Help | Deprecated Features  the RequestTimeout in cfschedule is deprecated, not removed!

So, this is a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eric, that is odd (that it's timing out like that). The whole point of the scheduled task timeout feature is to override that set in the admin.

So first, yes, if you did a cfsetting requesttimeout on the page that you call as a scheduled task, that should get you the same benefit. Had you tried it, and did it work?

And if it did (as I would expect), here's another possibility for what you were seeing: maybe the application.cfm (or cfc) that is controlling the page you were calling did itself have a cfsetting requesttimeout, or this.timeout (in application.cfc). THAT would indeed override the Admin setting, and would/could also override the scheduled task timeout (never thought about that before, and can't take time now to test it, but I'll be interested to hear if you or anyone else does).

Let us know if any of these explain what you are seeing. If not, one last thing to consider is whether you are on the latest available update for your CF11. Perhaps there was a bug at some point related to this.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation