Server monitor will stop working in 2021?

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have Coldfusión 2016 and currently it has a server monitor, in the browsers it tells me that from this year I will no longer be able to use Flash, will this affect my coldfusión or only the monitoring?

Do I have alternatives other than flash?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only affects the monitoring app, which is separate from CF. I really doubt there will be any alternatives for Flash. I recommend you keep an old browser around that will be able to run Flash (maybe IE 11).

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, note that CF2018 removed that old Flash-based Server Monitor (available only in CF Enterprise), but if you move up to CF2018 or 2021, you will be able to use its new PMT (Performance Monitoring Toolset), which is available in both Standard and Enteprise (and trial and developer). 

But until then, if you may remain on CF2016 (which itself stops getting updates in 2 months), note that there are other available CF monitors such as FusionReactor and SeeFusion which run on all versions of CF (and haven't relied on Flash for years).

/Charlie (server troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines