• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Service Temporarily Unavailable After Installing CF2016 Update 14 - Windows Server / IIS

Participant ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed CF2016U14, then updated the connector, then verified server.xml and workers.properites had the shared secret, then verified the updates was installed in CF Administrator, and finally verified the sites were up and running.

A few minutes later, some of the sites went down.  Looking on the server, the CF 2016 service just stops running.  Accessing the site gives:

The service is unavailable.
Service Temporarily Unavailable!
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Tomcat/ISAPI/isapi_redirector/1.2.46

This is happening on severla of our 5 servers (at least 3 so far).

Has anyone encountered this?

TOPICS
Connector , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Good to hear.

But sadly,  no, on the roll back--unless you also backed up the isapi_redirect.dll (on windows) or the mod_jk.so file (for apache). 

I have complained to Adobe that the wsconfig upgrade makes  no backup of these connector files.

Most folks will NOT. have thought to take manual backups. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you get to the cf admin? That does  not involve the updated connector at all. If it's running, then cf is up.

I'm that case, you still have some problem with the connector config. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.  I'm not 100% sure if I was able to access CF Admin while the issue was happening, but all 5 servers have been restarted and everything is up and without issue so far.  If it happens again I'll be checking CF Admin and whatever logs I can find.

I compared against my backups of the server.xml and worker.properties files, and the workers.properties file is identical (except for the new, shared secret line), and the server.xml has the same tuning parameters in the connecor line.

As far as a rollback plan if this continues to be an issue, would uninstalling the updates and restoring the backed-up workers.properites and server.xml files do the trick?

I'll watch it over Friday and the weekend and post back if I find anything else out.  I'll also post back if everything is good (fingers crossed) through the end of Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear.

But sadly,  no, on the roll back--unless you also backed up the isapi_redirect.dll (on windows) or the mod_jk.so file (for apache). 

I have complained to Adobe that the wsconfig upgrade makes  no backup of these connector files.

Most folks will NOT. have thought to take manual backups. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the additional info.  We have nightly backups of all of the servers, so we'd be able to restore anything we need, as long as we're able to identify what we need to restore (or we could roll back the whole server as a more drastic approach).

Still no issues, so I think it was a fluke, or Windows being dumb and thinking the service had failed when the patch installer stopped it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation