Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SOLR collections not found

LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

I've got a problem that is compounded by the pandemic because almost no one who has permissions to see what I need to see are in the office.  smh

Okay, so until recently we were running CF11.  SOLR collections were working great.  Then we upgraded to CF2016.  The issue that I'm having exists only in staging - production seems to work fine.

In staging, we have a kind of AUA.  A question is asked via form input, validated, sanitized, placed into a database, then the database is reindexed so that the new question will be available for future searches.  But, whenever anything is done that involves the use of the SOLR collection (indexing, searching, etc.), I get an error message:  "{SOLR collection name} doesn't exist."  Now, it appears in the CF Admin, and when you open Services on the server, everything CF is running; including the Add-On service.  The 'cfusion' user has full rights to the root of the webserver, and recursive folders.  The folders that contain the SOLR collection files are within the root.

So what could cause my staging CF Server to think that the collection doesn't exist?

V/r,

^ _ ^

TOPICS
Advanced techniques , Asynchronous , Builder , cfchart , Cffiddle , Connector , Database access , Documentation , Event gateways , Flash integration , Getting started , Monitoring , Reporting , Security , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A thought.

Open the ColdFusion Administrator and go to Data & Services > ColdFusion Collections.

Press the button to "Reload Collection". 

Does it then work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, BKBK,

I'm not sure when our SA or DBA will next be onsite, but I'll send them a note to give that a shot and see if it works.  Thank you for the suggestion.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slightly embarrassed.

When the server in question was upgraded to a newer version of CF, the collections were never created in the first place.  It was a legit "not found" because it actually was never made in the first place.  smh

I can't blame the SA - he's scrambling in five different directions trying to keep on top of things, and the pandemic isn't making things any easier.  But I'll have to wait to check on the other collections, and I have no idea when the SA will be back onsite.  Thankfully, this is just the staging server and not production.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guessed as much. Well, all's well that ends well. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation