• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound Effect Option Not Working Captivate 9

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it is working, but the SUBMIT and CLEAR buttons are inverted.

I created a hotspot quiz and I want a "TA DA" sound to play when the user submits a correct answer.  After over an hour of trying to figure out why noting happened when I hit submit after selecting the correct answer in the PREVIEW mode, I clicked on CLEAR and "TA DA" (pun intended), the music played.

So, is this an issue of the SUBMIT and CLEAR buttons being mixed up or do I need to do something else to get the music to play at the desired time.

Incidentally, I removed the CLEAR button altogether and nothing happens when I click SUBMIT.  The sound only plays when I click CLEAR.  Am I missing a setting somewhere?  Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact version of 9 are you using?

Can you show how you did set up the sound effects? I could try to reproduce the issue, maybe propose a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the subscription version of Captivate

What’s happening is, In preview I will click the correct answer and hit SUBMIT with no sound effect. I only hear the sound effect when I hit CLEAR.

Instead, I want the sound effect to play immediately when I hit submit (when question is answered correctly) instead of after two clicks.

I also want the existing hotspot indicator to disappear if the end user clicks on clear so they can try the answer again. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 3 versions of 9. The latest one is 9.0.2.437. Can you check?

How did you indicate which sound to play when? That was my question.

You can attach the sound to the Correct feedback message and it will play only when that message appears. Since that happens immediately after the Submit has been clicked, in case of a correct answer, that should be fine.

If you have multiple attempts for the question, there is a Retry message. You can also attach the sound to the Failure message.

I suspect you don't really understand the design of question slides:

Question Question Slides in Captivate - Captivate blog

BTW I rarely use the default hotspot question slide, but create a custom one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, and I am pretty new to Captivate. I will review the blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version number, please? It is important to patch Captivate whenever a patch appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive my ignorance, how would I find that information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same location as for any application: under Help menu, About....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 9.0.2.437

Thanks for your help, I’ll take it from here. Maybe it’s just the emailing but the tone here seems a bit too condescending for me. I am a beginner, and this may not be the best place to have my questions answered. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to get the information I needed to help you. It is fine, you are using the latest version. Do you know how to attach audio to the feedback messages?  Where did you set the sound effects to play? My native mother tongue is not at all English.

That blog post explained the meaning of the CLEAR and SUBMIT buttons. You also did see that the actions in the Quiz panel only are executed On Success or After Last Attempt, and this in the second step of the Submit process. I have no crystal ball to see where you did put those sounds, that was one of my questions.

FBAudio.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries. I found a Lynda.com video that was very helpful. I appreciate your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation