Highlighted

Specific instances not connecting to DSNs

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very odd issue that has just started with our CF10 environment with 2 of our dev boxes.....I have a box for example that has been configured with 2 instances....dev-app and dev-admin.   Randomly both instances will have issues talking to our DSN's , the main coldfusion admin http://localhost/CFIDE/administrator communicates no problem with the same set of DSN's.   I have 2 boxes out of 15 acting like this....they are all setup exactly the same in terms of virtulization, firewall, etc

Specific error I receive is

• Connection verification failed for data source: cc_core
    java.sql.SQLException: Timed out trying to establish connection
    The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: Timed out trying to establish connection

I am at a loss why these boxes are suddenly popping up with these DSN timeouts....I have even rebuilt one of the boxes as far as CF goes but still same issue.....it might work again but I can't have it soo flaky.

Correct answer by desispeed | Community Beginner

This issue was corrected and had nothing to do with ColdFusion in the end , it was related to a networking issue where 2 of the boxes(VM's) were sharing a MAC address.  This occurred after I was testing Windows Network Balancing on the boxes, once I removed that component it caused all kinds of weird issues.   Once the MAC was changed the DSN issue of course went away.

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Specific instances not connecting to DSNs

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very odd issue that has just started with our CF10 environment with 2 of our dev boxes.....I have a box for example that has been configured with 2 instances....dev-app and dev-admin.   Randomly both instances will have issues talking to our DSN's , the main coldfusion admin http://localhost/CFIDE/administrator communicates no problem with the same set of DSN's.   I have 2 boxes out of 15 acting like this....they are all setup exactly the same in terms of virtulization, firewall, etc

Specific error I receive is

• Connection verification failed for data source: cc_core
    java.sql.SQLException: Timed out trying to establish connection
    The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: Timed out trying to establish connection

I am at a loss why these boxes are suddenly popping up with these DSN timeouts....I have even rebuilt one of the boxes as far as CF goes but still same issue.....it might work again but I can't have it soo flaky.

Correct answer by desispeed | Community Beginner

This issue was corrected and had nothing to do with ColdFusion in the end , it was related to a networking issue where 2 of the boxes(VM's) were sharing a MAC address.  This occurred after I was testing Windows Network Balancing on the boxes, once I removed that component it caused all kinds of weird issues.   Once the MAC was changed the DSN issue of course went away.

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 18, 2014 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your database brand?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2014 0
BKBK LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite interesting. Thanks for sharing it with us. Please mark your post as the 'correct' answer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2014 0