• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SQL server data source with ApplicationIntent = ReadOnly

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a DataSource on the Admin page that is a Microsoft SQL connection, I need to set the ApplicationIntent to ReadOnly.

We are running on an old CF10 version (upgrade scheduled for later this year), so is the only way to do this is by entering the Connection String value in the DataSource advanced options?

(and of course only selecting the Read tick boxes below it, turning off the update, insert, etc)

(and if it is, any typical examples would be really useful).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the only way to do this is to specify ApplicationIntent and Initial Catalog in the advanced connection string options.

ApplicationIntent=ReadOnly; Initial Catalog=DBName;

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried this - but it returned error 15316

(it works fine if I removed ApplicationIntent=ReadOnly from the connection string).

Our version of ColdFusion is 10,0,18,296330, and I read in another article that you need ColdFusion 10 update 11 for this to work (from https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/CF-3630461).  Is this true, or is there a workaround I can use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation