• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

StructKeyExists function has issues with recent ColdFusion 18 updates

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complex object types cannot be converted to simple values. The expression has requested a variable or an intermediate expression result as a simple value. However, the result cannot be converted to a simple value. Simple values are strings, numbers, boolean values, and date/time values. I believe the issue is security related.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Thanks for that, Khalid. And I have a work-around for this, finally. 

First, I will get to trying things on Windows Server editions soon (again, to try to understand when this problem does and does not happen for different folks).

But until then, the work-around is that it turns out that Adobe added a new applicaiton-level property called  sameformfieldsasarray, which controls this behavior. (I really thought I'd seen news of that before, but I could not find it when searching because of course

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, Michael, I should have said that Adobe DOES read the bug report comments, so you may want to add a comment there, like I just did to the bug I'd mentioned above where I found this discussed: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/CF-4211056

Sadly, since that is marked "fixed" (which CAUSED the problem, per these March updates), they may not pay attention. There is also the bug I'd opened (CF-4211444),  (before found the work-around), but it's been marked as a "dupe" of another, https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/CF-4211442.  So who knows which they will pay attention to, if any. 😞

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation