• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submitting cfadmin login password I get "an invalid method (http verb) is being used."

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is occuring after a fresh install of IIS, and the cfadmin website is configured via WSCONFIG. I followed all the user permission recommendations from Pete's CF11 Lockdown Guide with the exception of the IIS configuration(still haven't removed handler mappings and haven't added any URL deny sequences under Request Filtering). Which eventually I will because that's the goal.

This is what I get after I submit my username and password. the last http request that is made is to /CFIDE/administrator/enter.cfm, which responds with 405.0 Method Not Allowed (invalid method http verb)

2014-07-03 11_18_22-IIS 8.5 Detailed Error - 405.0 - Method Not Allowed - Internet Explorer.png

After I can keep going back to the login page with no problem. I'm accessing the cfadmin on Internet Explorer logged in as an administrator user of the web server(2012) itself.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Hi,

In order to test this just add proper permission to the ColdFusion11 config directory. It is unable to read the dll.

Thanks,

Priyank

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error message when a user visits a website that is hosted on a server that is running Internet Infor...

The resolutions here were not applicable since I already had the correct settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check IIS settings and ensure GET and POST are permitted methods (and are both enabled). The "Handler Mappings" section of IIS for your website will handle this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, All verbs are being accepted for cfmHandler, cfcHandler, StaticFile, ISAPI-dll, CGI-exe and the rest of the handlers supplied by the WSCONFIG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The good thing is that I don't do installs all that often because when I do there is always some issue. Why can't it be done through Web Platform Installer with 2 clicks and be up and running in 20 mins.

So I've started the reinstall...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be a loopback check in IIS? Have you tried using the IP of. the server or 127.0.0.1 to get to the CFAdmin instead? What do web logs show as the verb used to access the page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tribule, sorry man, I had already moved on to the next reinstall. and now I'm getting:

Calling LoadLibraryEx on ISAPI filter "E:\..\..\..\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll" failed

Detailed Error Information:

Module   IIS Web Core
Notification   BeginRequest
Handler   Not yet determined
Error Code   0x80070005
Config Error   Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions
Config File   \\?\E:\..\..\..\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\web.config

Ah, so here I go changing the user permissions...geez.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

In order to test this just add proper permission to the ColdFusion11 config directory. It is unable to read the dll.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation