Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The DataSource service is not available error

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2010 Dec 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Weblogic 10.3.3, Coldfusion 9.0.0 deployed as an application.

We've had this working for at least 5 months, and restarted the application server many times with no problems.

We restarted today and we get the output below. Nothing has changed as we know it. I've seen people having this issue after upgrading to 9.0.1, but we haven't done that. Does anyone know what could cause this problem? We can't even get to the administration console!

Thanks

The DataSource service is not available.

This exception is usually caused by service startup failure. Check your server configuration.
The error occurred in E:\cf9_final\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\Application.cfm: line 88
Called from E:\cf9_final\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\Application.cfm: line 76
Called from E:\cf9_final\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\Application.cfm: line 2
Called from E:\cf9_final\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\Application.cfm: line 1
-1 : Unable to display error's location in a CFML template.

Stack Trace (click to expand)
at cfApplication2ecfm1161156468._factor0(E:\cf9_final\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\Application.cfm:88) at cfApplication2ecfm1161156468._factor3(E:\cf9_final\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\Application.cfm:76) at cfApplication2ecfm1161156468._factor7(E:\cf9_final\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\Application.cfm:2) at cfApplication2ecfm1161156468.runPage(E:\cf9_final\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\Application.cfm:1)

coldfusion.server.ServiceFactory$ServiceNotAvailableException: The DataSource service is not available.
     at coldfusion.server.ServiceFactory.getDataSourceService(ServiceFactory.java:78)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The neo-query.xml and/or neo-datasource.xml file may have been damaged. You should have .bak files in the same directory from the last change, if you need to restore one or both files.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

http://www.figleaf.com/

http://training.figleaf.com/

Read this before you post:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/607238

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Dave. I don't see neo-query.xml, and I don't see neo-datasource.bak but neo-datasource.xml was updated a couple days ago. So is this really an issue with the datasources? Is there a clean datasource.xml file to start over with?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. No neo-query.xml but I did find the neo-datasource.xml and it does indeed appear corrupted. The last 10% or so is nothing but garbage characters. There is no corresponding .bak file. Any ideas where I can find a clean one without reinstalling from scratch? I'm using CF11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to hack and slash the remains of my neo-datasource.xml, remove the garbage and rebuild the missing tag terminations. Luckily I had an old CF9 install and was able to use that as a guide. Thank you vootman for starting this thread and Dave Watts for pointing me in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, it was a corruption in the neo-datasource.xml. For some reason, there was some tags like in the SSL connection string tag area. I guess maybe a tab or something was put in. I'll be sure to back up manually now, not sure why I didn't have a .bak there, I see it on other Coldfusion installations.

THanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The corrupt tags had "char code=something" in them...looks like the forum stripped what I put.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar error message, can you please advise how you fix the issue?

Your information is great appreciated,

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i had the same issue, i tried to replace the damaged files with .bak files and didn't work for me. The neo-datasource.xml and neo-drivers.xml was damaged, i know cause i tried to open on my code editor and they just showed me a list of  zeros, so i copy and paste these files from other computer with the same coldfusion version and restart the coldfusion services and started to work, hope it helps for someone else.

regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation