• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The getBuiltInScopes method was not found

Participant ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an application that has worked for quite a while. I have made no changes to the code since the last time I used it. Basically, the code creates a zip file with input for an involved report. I used it in March of this year it worked fine. I've been assured by the gov't sysadmins and DBAs that nothing has changed, but I still get the attached error. Any ideas?    I have just heard from a friend who knows CF, that it could be a version issue.  I am currently running 8 and I believe he is running 10.   If this is an issue, is the solution somewhere on this site?   I do minimal CF and am at a loss.   The function that is throwing the error is when a button is clicked, a javascript routine is run which combines all the files requred for the zip file.   Yesterday, another application started throwing the error.  I haven't been through the code yet, but it is another button being clicked, and I'm sure, another javascript error.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

getBultInScopes() is a ColdFusion 8  procedure...   getCFScopes() is the current call.   My problem was, there was a special debug module that had the call and I could find it nowhere else.  Finally refreshed my Application.cfc from Production and found a call to getBuiltInScopes() there that wasn't in the module I had.   Commented that section out and the error disappeared.  Thank you all for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The functionality getPageContext().getBuiltInScopes() was only implied. Adobe has removed it. Search your code for the function and replace it with getPageContext().getCFScopes().

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,, I found that yesterday and did just that.  I promoted it to Production and am still getting the same error.   In my search, I only found one place where the getBuiltInScopes shows up... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the stack trace that comes with the error message. It should point you to the location of the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, I'm an Oracle DBA with limited CF knowledge...   how do I do that?   Sorry to be dense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No trouble at all. What IDE is your CF code developed in: CFEclipse or CFBuilder? Using either, you could search the entire code base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea and the former company is rather tight lipped.   I use Microsoft Expression Web 4 currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Expression Web 4 is a text editor, so you can use it to search your code's root directory for the expression getBuiltInScopes().

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that.  It showed one .cfm file with that statement.   I changed getBuiltInScopes() to getCFScopes() and it still gives the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. In that case, I suspect you will have to restart the Coldfusion server for the changes to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our posts crossed each other on the wire. So, there you have it, Louie: 2 posts saying the same thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have requested that the government SysAdmin do so.   It really sucks not being in control of something I support.  Thank you all for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this to say, without any intention of being condescending. You are on your way to solving a Coldfusion issue, which is quite good going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering the little I know, I take that as a compliment.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, the SysAdmin cleared the cache and cannot restart the server during normal 1st shift.   Clearing cache did nothing; same error.  I restarted my browsers (sometimes IE works and sometimes Firefox works); no change in either.   Luckily, the "emergency" has been downgraded... but I still need to fix the thing.  This CF education by fire isn't my favorite way of learning, but...   thank you all again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SysAdmin sent me the application log:  Since it is a government site, I changed identifying things to XXXX  or xxxx.

"Error","ajp-bio-8012-exec-2091","09/26/14","11:43:33","XXXXransfer3","The getBuiltInScopes method was not found.Either there are no methods with the specified method name and argument types or the getBuiltInScopes method is overloaded with argument types that ColdFusion cannot decipher reliably. ColdFusion found 0 methods that match the provided arguments. If this is a Java object and you verified that the method exists, use the javacast function to reduce ambiguity. The specific sequence of files included or processed is: \\haffs002\ProdData\Sites\xxx\IE\XXXX\secure\Authorization\FundingRequestForm_Action.cfm, line: 113 "

Line 113 is: document.form1.actiontaken.value = "approve"

The user clicks on a button to Approve or Disapprove a request.  This causes another screen to be displayed.  The error is happening before the 2nd screen is displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2014 Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LouieWarren wrote:

Line 113 is: document.form1.actiontaken.value = "approve"

This looks like Javascript, and so is unlikely to be the cause. However, something about the page FundingRequestForm_Action.cfm is responsible for the error. So, search the page for the word getBuiltInScopes.

If you find nothing, search the application file (Application.cfm or Application.cfc) for the same word. If you find it, replace it with getCFScopes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing in either Application.cfm or cfc.   The word scope comes up:

<cflock scope = "Session" timeout = "5" type = "Exclusive">

Nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2014 Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LouieWarren wrote:

BTW, the SysAdmin cleared the cache and cannot restart the server during normal 1st shift.   Clearing cache did nothing; same error.

Then some Coldfusion code is indeed still calling the method getBuiltInScopes. Let us debug it together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done a search of all the code with AstroGrep.  Other than the one catch all module that is called at login, I cannot find any other instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. On which page was the one catch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Application.cfc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you show me the line where you found getBuiltInScopes - by private mail if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<cfdump var="#getPageContext().getcfScopes()#"/> 

This is what it looks like now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the information you have given, it now seems more likely than ever that your application is using a cached copy of Application.cfc. It is also apparent that, for whatever reason, the Developers ignored best-practice.

It is best-practice to avoid outputs, display or dumps in Application.cfc. In fact, I would suggest you comment out the cfdump line, to disable it, unless you have a crucial reason for running it. You may disable it as follows:

<!--- <cfdump var="#getPageContext().getcfScopes()#"/>  --->

Assuming the cache hypothesis is true, then you should  restart Coldfusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation