• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The getBuiltInScopes method was not found

Participant ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an application that has worked for quite a while. I have made no changes to the code since the last time I used it. Basically, the code creates a zip file with input for an involved report. I used it in March of this year it worked fine. I've been assured by the gov't sysadmins and DBAs that nothing has changed, but I still get the attached error. Any ideas?    I have just heard from a friend who knows CF, that it could be a version issue.  I am currently running 8 and I believe he is running 10.   If this is an issue, is the solution somewhere on this site?   I do minimal CF and am at a loss.   The function that is throwing the error is when a button is clicked, a javascript routine is run which combines all the files requred for the zip file.   Yesterday, another application started throwing the error.  I haven't been through the code yet, but it is another button being clicked, and I'm sure, another javascript error.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

getBultInScopes() is a ColdFusion 8  procedure...   getCFScopes() is the current call.   My problem was, there was a special debug module that had the call and I could find it nowhere else.  Finally refreshed my Application.cfc from Production and found a call to getBuiltInScopes() there that wasn't in the module I had.   Commented that section out and the error disappeared.  Thank you all for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some place out there that shows the current unsupported stuff (i.e.- getBuiltInScopes in ColdFusion 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LouieWarren wrote:

Is there some place out there that shows the current unsupported stuff (i.e.- getBuiltInScopes in ColdFusion 8?

Many of us use the Coldfusion 8 documentation as reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I didn't phrase that correctly...   what was supported in 8 that is not in 10?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two versions between 8 and 10. As you would expect, there have been a lot of additions and changes. Search the web for new in Coldfusion 9 and new in Coldfusion 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this Deprecated Features - ColdFusion English Documentation - Adobe Learning Resources 

and it is opening my eyes to a lot of errors I've been receiving.   cffile, for example has been depreciated since ColdFusion MX.   I'm going through my code base right now and checking for what has been removed.  I then will go through to see what has been depreciated so I can hopefully head off future problems.   Thanx for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LouieWarren wrote:

Found this Deprecated Features - ColdFusion English Documentation - Adobe Learning Resources

and it is opening my eyes to a lot of errors I've been receiving.   cffile, for example has been depreciated since ColdFusion MX.   I'm going through my code base right now and checking for what has been removed.  I then will go through to see what has been depreciated so I can hopefully head off future problems.  

Be careful. For the majority of tags, only specific attributes have been deprecated, not the entire tag. Cffile, for example, is alive and strong right up to the current version of Coldfusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True.

cffile - system value for attributes attribute, temporary value for attributes attribute were removed.

So I need to go through my code and make sure that call is up to snuff with CF 10 to be compatible with my Production server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unnecessary. The options you mention were deprecated in version MX. Your developers would have avoided them anyway, as MX is two versions prior to version 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would think.   I have found issues of things they had left in that shouldn't be there, although...  I won't look so hard.  Thanx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have given this thread quite a go. Please round it off and, should you have further questions, start new threads.

Mark as correct the post that answers your original question. If none of the answers are to your satisfaction, then add an explanation of your own and mark it as the correct answer. It will help others who land here looking for information on getBuiltInScopes. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Error","ajp-bio-8012-exec-13","10/01/14","08:52:26","XXXTransfer3","The getBuiltInScopes method was not found.Either there are no methods with the specified method name and argument types or the getBuiltInScopes method is overloaded with argument types that ColdFusion cannot decipher reliably. ColdFusion found 0 methods that match the provided arguments. If this is a Java object and you verified that the method exists, use the javacast function to reduce ambiguity. The specific sequence of files included or processed is: \\xxxx002\ProdData\Sites\xxx\IEXXXX\secure\Authorization\FundingRequestForm_Action.cfm, line: 113 "

coldfusion.runtime.java.MethodSelectionException: The getBuiltInScopes method was not found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

getBultInScopes() is a ColdFusion 8  procedure...   getCFScopes() is the current call.   My problem was, there was a special debug module that had the call and I could find it nowhere else.  Finally refreshed my Application.cfc from Production and found a call to getBuiltInScopes() there that wasn't in the module I had.   Commented that section out and the error disappeared.  Thank you all for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation