• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The getColdFusionInstances method was not found.

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Solaris server I am trying to patch a CF11 Update 7 instance to Update 8. Another development group updated all the other instances except the two I work on without talking to me first.

On one of my CF instances the update page I see the following error:

The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator. 

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request

The getColdFusionInstances method was not found.

Either there are no methods with the specified method name and argument types or the getColdFusionInstances method is overloaded with argument types that ColdFusion cannot decipher reliably. ColdFusion found 0 methods that match the provided arguments. If this is a Java object and you verified that the method exists, use the javacast function to reduce ambiguity.            

I tried deleting the JAR file from server. This reset the Download buttons and I was able to re-download the JAR file. But, still displayed the CF error message preventing the installation of the update.

Seems that this missing method breaks the JavaScript install function.

I am tempted to delete the {cf_install_home}/{instance_home}/hf_updates/hf-11-00008/updates.xml. After I back it up first.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

I ended up accessing one of the other instances on the CF Server that was on a previous hotfix release and used it to update it and this broken one. That fixed the issue and removed the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up accessing one of the other instances on the CF Server that was on a previous hotfix release and used it to update it and this broken one. That fixed the issue and removed the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing that. Please mark it as the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation