This site can’t be reached 127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed CF2016 Developer with the internal web server on Windows 10 server. After installation, I attempt to open the administrator app with this code http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm and receive this message:

This site can’t be reached

127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the "ColdFusion 2016 Application Server" service running (assuming you chose to run as service during installation)?  If you didn't install as a service, have you run "cfstart.bat"?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app server will not start. It begins to start and throws an error

Get Outlook for iOS

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attempted to start the server from services and via the bat file. It begins to start and then fails.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but when you start via cfstart, it should show onscreen any error.  You say above it "throws an error". What is it? If you shared it as an image, can you share it as plain text?

And are you confirming there's no coldfusion.exe  listed as running in task mgt? If there is one, then it HAS started.

The question then would be what port ita listening on if not the 8500 you tried. You can see that in the windows "resource monitor" (type that in the start menu), then in its network tab, On that, see its "listening ports"  section, which is sorted by port. Is cf shown there listening on 8500?

/Charlie (server troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF service is stopped

and no there is no coldfusion.exe shown in task mgmt

When I ran cfstart.bat from the cmd line, I get this message

error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for 1048576 kb object heap.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok. Sounds like your box is low on enough free memory to start cf. Have you checked that,  in the performance tab of task manager? You need about 1g free, from that message.

And you could go into cf's jvm.config (in its cfusion/bin folder) and lower the xmx and xms values and try starting CF then. It can run in as little as a few hundred meg.

[I had replied to John at about the same time he wrote his last reply. His shows up first here. And I then edited this reply because I saw my phone made a typo converting CF to CD. When I changed that, I see now that this post gets changed to have an update of today, the 23rd, which is 2 days later. I wanted to add this clarification so it didn't seem like I was responding to John now 2 days after he wrote his last reply. Again, we wrote our responses at about the same time on the 21st. Anyway, glad you solved it, John.]

/Charlie (server troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked back to an earlier post I made and discovered the same problem there. Heap size requested was too large. I reduced its size requirement in JVM.Config and it allowed the server to start and I can now access the admin.cfm

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines