• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer from one server to another

Participant ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old HP ProLiant server with ColdFusion 10 on it.   The server is government provided and is running Windows Server 2003. It is agonizingly slow, especially via my company's VPN.  The SysAdmin at the office spun up a VM Windows 2008 R2 server for me and I'm in the process of transferring everything from the old server to the new one.   It is a development database.   I have downloaded and installed Oracle 11g on the new server, imported the old database and code.  Oracle allows you to download and use the software for free if it's a single user development machine.   I am under the impression that Adobe doesn't do the same with CF.   What is the process to transfer the license?   Since this project is at end of life, my government customer doesn't want to spend money on a new server, or any new software.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

You can install the free ColdFusion Developer Edition if it is only being used for development purposes.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install the free ColdFusion Developer Edition if it is only being used for development purposes.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping that would be the case. I went to the download page and searched for ColdFusion Developer Edition.  The results gave me a download link.  That took me to the 30 day trial page.  I answered all the dropdown questions and it let me download CF11.  However, this doesn't seem right, unless my answering I am a Developer and the only user of the product triggers something.  Hopefully, I am not going down the wrong path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out.  There is a place in the install that you designate Developer Edition.  Thanx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, same installer, different installation option. Glad you got it working.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation