Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Translating "Coldfusion-out.log"

LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone,

I'm trying to track down why my application is causing an error, and coldfusion-out.log isn't being as articulate as I would prefer.

Jul 15, 2015 12:09:38 PM Warning [app name] - {t '12:09:38'} - form - 172.xx.xx.xx - /components/TRC.cfc - method=requestCost - 1 -- Word Fault -- [[[ followed by a JSON string of a serialized form ]]]

What does "Word Fault" mean, and how does it apply?

V/r,

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I’ve never seen that error, and also given its general format, I’d propose that it (the error) may something that your code (or code your code calls) may be formatting. Let me explain.

That sounds more like something someone might create with a cfthrow (or throw, in cfscript), as the result of an error caught within a try/catch. But in doing the throw (of that error), they expected it to be “caught” by a higher-level error handler and then handled (logged, emailed, stored in a db, whatever). But then either that error handler is not there (no longer exists) or perhaps that error handler itself has an error.

If a CF error handler has an error, the original error it receives is just passed up the chain to any higher error handler. And if there’s none, then the error dumps on screen--and the error is written to the application.log (which then also shows up in the ColdFusion-out.log).

So to be clear, I’m saying that this error has a style that does not look like one that CF creates, but rather one that a code-specific try/catch is intercepting, and then “throwing” (thus the unusual text, “form - 172.xx.xx.xx - /components/TRC.cfc - method=requestCost - 1 -- Word Fault”, which looks like someone wanted to track various aspects of the state of the app when the error occurred).

I’m guessing you see nothing else on the page to report the line of code where the error is being generated, right? You could at least look in the requestCost method of /components/TRC.cfc (but it could be that that was the caller, not where the error occurred, though it could perhaps help you track down the problem).

Otherwise, I hope this set of thoughts may help you do that. Let us know.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I like to think of myself as someone who knows what messages in "Coldfusion-out.log" mean. Sorry to say not seen that one myself either and don't know what to make of it.

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, charlie@carehart.org and @carl type3.  I was hoping I wasn't losing my mind.  But since both of you indicate that it's not a standard CF error message, I'll see if I can find a try/catch for it.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation