• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with CF2021 and .NET Connector - DotNetExtension not installed

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed ColdFusion 2021 on a test server and am working through my web apps to find any issues. I discovered that whenever I try to instantiate a .NET class using cfobject, I receive an error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the dotnet package, but that has not resolved the issue. All CF packages are installed and the "ColdFusion 2021 .NET Service" is running.

Here is test code that works fine on my CF2016 servers, but fails on CF2021:

<cfobject type=".NET" class= "System.IO.Directory" name="fso">
<cfset cwd = fso.getCurrentDirectory()>
<cfdump var = "#fso#"><cfdump var = "#cwd#">

Here is the error message I receive:

DotNetExtension not installed. If a dll is specified in the assembly list, DotNetExtension must also be installed.

Also of note, nothing is being created in the wwwroot\WEB-INF\cfclasses\dotNetProxy folder on the new server like it is on the old server. Folder rights on that dotNetProxy folder appear to be the same between the two servers.

Stack trace attached.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

RESOLVED:

After further comparing my CF2016 and CF2021 servers, I noticed the "jnbridge" folder did not appear in my CF2021 instance's folder, just under the cfusion folder. On the CF2016 install, it appears under both. On a hunch, I manually copied it from the default cfusion folder to my instance, restarted the .NET Service and appropriate ColdFusion Application Server services and things magically started working. Perhaps this is an issue with the installer for new ColdFusion instances in Ent

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RESOLVED:

After further comparing my CF2016 and CF2021 servers, I noticed the "jnbridge" folder did not appear in my CF2021 instance's folder, just under the cfusion folder. On the CF2016 install, it appears under both. On a hunch, I manually copied it from the default cfusion folder to my instance, restarted the .NET Service and appropriate ColdFusion Application Server services and things magically started working. Perhaps this is an issue with the installer for new ColdFusion instances in Enterprise server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps this is an issue with the installer for new ColdFusion instances in Enterprise server?

By @MarkAtCU

Please share your findings with the ColdFusion Team: cfinstal[at]adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation