Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to connect to the google ads API

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to query the google ads Api. However I cannot find any information online how to set this up for colfusion. Has anyone any experience with this and can point me in the right direction for setting up this api connection.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking for a "client library" to go with those offered by them for other languages (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/first-call/get-client-lib), there is none (there, or anywhere that I am aware of, but I could be wrong).

That said, I see there is a REST API for it (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/concepts/call-structure).

And CF can call REST APIs. It's mostly just a matter of calling the URLs with CFHTTP, and perhaps processing the result as json (or sometimes passing in data as json).

There are ample CF resources online (and docs) about doing both of those, so you should not need long to have calls to the API working. Let us know how it goes. Or perhaps someone will offer still more for you.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. Didn't know the rest api so will try that. Still strange i cannot find any information online about people using coldfusion with the google ads api. Maybe a good idea for the coldfusion programmers to integrate api's of large company like google, facebook etc integrated in the next version of coldfusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, honestly, CF has tried to implement other companies' functionality before and it doesn't always work out so well. Google, for one, changes APIs like most people change their underwear. If Adobe implements these APIs, they then have to keep up with them as they change, and that's a lot of trouble (and usually doesn't happen, so you're stuck with an old implementation that may no longer work).

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Nebukad

The replies from @Charlie_Arehart and @Dave_Watts  notwithstanding, you have a good point. It would be a good idea if we, ColdFusion programmers, had a client library for an API such as Google Ads or Facebook. That is, as a project independent of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation