• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to pass login subdomain back to main site.

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a login page then using .cfm page to save the data and redirect the page to main site. We are going to use subdomain page for marketing and I have everything else going. I just can't keep user logged in when the redirect to the main site. 

I think the main site might be issue since its using javascript and php on main site. Here is the subdomain as well. https://2020.hotonhomes.com/landing.html

Any ideas? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ColdFusion is one country. Javascript and PHP are a different country. A traveller leaving ColdFusion needs some form of ID to be legitimized in the other country.

This analogy suggests a solution. Countries share a common system to check passports. By analogy, the subdomain and main site are both your applications, and presumably share the same database.   

You could use a session-based database table as follows.When a user successfully logs in on the ColdFusion site, their session is stored, for example, as a UUID. When opening a URL on the other site, the user passes the UUID. The second site will then validate it by comparing it with the value in the database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation