• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download CF 2018

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the way our IT has Chrome and IE configured and locked down but neither will download Coldfusion 2018 trial.

Is there a direct link somebody can send me that uses a more normal download method?

I need to get started on migrating our department from CF 11 to 2018, a lot of work, and I can't get started!

Thanks

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

There is no "more direct" link that anyone (outside of Adobe) can offer for you to get the download via any "more normal" method. Adobe is one of those companies who expect people to identify themselves before downloading their software. It is what it is.

Some will want to point out that there is an available community-contributed repository of CF installers (from CF2018 back to like CF 1.5). That's not everyone's cup of tea (since it's not "from Adobe", but if you're desparate it may appeal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no "more direct" link that anyone (outside of Adobe) can offer for you to get the download via any "more normal" method. Adobe is one of those companies who expect people to identify themselves before downloading their software. It is what it is.

Some will want to point out that there is an available community-contributed repository of CF installers (from CF2018 back to like CF 1.5). That's not everyone's cup of tea (since it's not "from Adobe", but if you're desparate it may appeal. It's at cfmlrepo.com. The interface is a little kludgy (being based on google drive), and the community folks who contribute to it (myself included) are not the sort who will update crap or spam, but of course you have to take our word for it.

I will also add that there was a CF2018 installer released in 2018, then another in early 2019 (which added among other things support for Windows Server 2019). I can't tell by looking at the info there whether the CF2018 file (ColdFusion_2018_WWEJ_win64.exe) is that latest one, but I think from the file size it is. Or perhaps you're using Linux,  Mac, or Solaris, in which case the file currently there for that would be fine.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunatey CISO blocks google drive.

I guess I am going to have to use sneaker net 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you a fellow DoD employee/contractor?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

USPS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Understood.  Our CISO also locks down Drive, among other things that would normally be of assistance to us in our work.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation