Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to start CF application

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are having the problem that the website on a CF9 Instance-server will not start.

As far as I can see in the system-logs, the CF-engine as such starts fine, but we get no response from our application, and nothing in our application-logs.

Background:

We have some CF9-installations running on very old Windows servers. We are in the process of migrating to newer Windows-servers.

One server is a one-website server (non-Instance). This application starts just fine on the new migrated-to server.

The server that should run 5 websites on a CF Instance-server, will not start the application, but on the old server it runs just fine.

Setup:

We are having the IIS as a front-end, and forward to the different CF-web-sites based on different URLs.
We have checked that *.cfm-documents are at top of the Documents-list, and that the Handler for '.cfm-files points to the correct dll (C:\JRun4\lib\wsconfig\jrun_iis6.dll).

We are running the site on a Developer-license until we have verified that CF9 is ok to use. An option is to upgrade to CF2016, but we are uncertain on how compatible our CF-application-code is.

If we copy in a index.html file with proper contents to the website root-directory, this file is showed in the normal way on an accessing client-browser.

Does anyone have any ideas or comments on this?

It would be most welcome.

Regards, Erik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you re-run the Web Server Configuration Tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I believe I did. I had to be Administrator to run it (wsconfig.exe). Now I have the following wsconfig.properties

It looks quite similar to the one on the old server

#JRun/ColdFusion MX Web Server Configuration File

#Tue Apr 18 14:30:55 CEST 2017

1=IIS,0,false,""

1.srv=localhost,"cfusion"

1.cfmx=true,C:/inetpub/wwwroot

2=IIS,2,false,""

2.srv=localhost,"Mywebsite"

2.cfmx=true,<null>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might not be CF having the issue. I'm assuming this is running through IIS. You might want to make sure that the IIS website and the Application Pool are running. Might want to look at the Windows logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation