• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update ColdFusion 11 after install (on Windows)

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install CF11 (Standard) on a new Windows server (Windows Server 2012 R2). Installation was apparently successful, but when I go into the Administrator to install the latest update, I can't. When I click either the "Download" or the "Download and Install" button, nothing happens. I'm specifically hoping to install the latest cumulative update (5), but I tried the buttons for Update 4 also and they didn't work either. And from what I can find, Adobe no longer provides a manual way to download and install updates.

I tried launching the browser using "Run as administrator" and that didn't help. I've tried IE and Chrome. The rest of the Administrator seems to be working OK -- for example, I was able to update server settings.

I greatly appreciate any help. Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

This is resolved.

I had tried to follow the lockdown guide. As such, I added request filtering to block access to /CFIDE/scripts. None of my applications use the affected tags, so I had not created a virtual directory and changed the default scripts directory in the Administrator. But this morning I realized that the Updates page in the Administrator uses CFFORM. So I created a virtual directory, updated the scripts directory in Administrator, and voila, problem solved.

If possible, I would sugges

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is resolved.

I had tried to follow the lockdown guide. As such, I added request filtering to block access to /CFIDE/scripts. None of my applications use the affected tags, so I had not created a virtual directory and changed the default scripts directory in the Administrator. But this morning I realized that the Updates page in the Administrator uses CFFORM. So I created a virtual directory, updated the scripts directory in Administrator, and voila, problem solved.

If possible, I would suggest that the lockdown guide be clarified (unless I'm missing the clarification elsewhere in the guide). On page 36, it says, “If your web sites leverage certain tags or features you can change this URI to a non default URI outside of /CFIDE.” I think this should be changed because it’s not really optional. As best I can tell, the website under which the Administrator runs must have access to the scripts directory in order to perform updates. (The chart on page 28 does say the Administrator uses some of these tags, but, again, I think it would be helpful to point out that they’re required to perform updates.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation