Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unexpected constant #2 99 while trying to access CFIDE Administrator

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I maintain a Coldfusion 9 Application that I inherited, and I need to move the applications into a more powerfull and modern Server since the old one is out of memory and low performance.

I need to access the CFIDE administrator page to copy the pathing configurations to the new one to make it work (according to a handy tutorial), however, when trying to access the page, I get :

Error Occurred While Processing Request
unexpected constant #2 99

and then browser info.

Any idea how to fix it? Or a way around, like an exporting tool or something? I have very low knowledge of Coldfusion.

Thanks in Advance

TOPICS
Cffiddle , Documentation , Getting started , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never seen that one before, which would suggest something is botched on that end. One question is for you to show us the URL you are using to get to the Admin. Then, if you're using a web server like IIS or Apache to get to it, a question could be where the CFIDE virtual directory or alias points to: it could be wrong, it could be pointing to a very old version of the code (for the admin), such as for a previous version. It could be that different sites (in your web server) have different paths that the CFIDE points to, and one of those may work. With CF9 and earlier, the person installing CF chose where to install the CFIDE folder, and then CF tracked that internally and used that location when building a virtual directory/alias when it created any web server connection. But it's possible that someone manually modified the virtual directory/alias.

As for getting the mappings you want, you can find them in a neo*.xml file in the cf9/runtime/lib folder. It's wddx-formatted XML, so a bit obtuse, but many people could make sense of it to extract what's needed. 

As for an exporting tool, the CF Admin itself offers one (called the CF Archive or CAR package tool), but a) if you can't get to the Admin you can't use it and b) it was offered only in CF Enterprise prior to CF11.

FWIW, there IS yet another tool you COULD use, to export settings WITHOUT access to the CF Admin: the cfconfig tool within Commandbox (from Ortus Solutions) could do this, but since you're new to CF, I realize that may be beyond what you're willing to do.

Indeed, I realize that all the above may be a bit much for you. I'll point out that you can hire someone like myself to help with this, likely resolved in as little as 15 minutes. I list such consultants at cf411.com/cftrouble. Or someone else here may offer different help. Otherwise, let us know how it may go with the above.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation