• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update 14 CF11 on IIS7 Win 2008R2

New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Update 14 in CF11 CF administrator page (or any .cfm content) is unreachable.  When trying to reach administrator at http://127.0.0.1/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm the server reports a 400 error.

I inherited this server and the current task from a previous Sys Admin who is no longer with us.  From everything I've read in the forums, it is configured incorrectly, in that the Web Server Configuration tool shows Configured Web Servers:

All

...plus the sub-sites individually...

Which appears to be redundant.

So, I used the wsconfig tool (ran as admin) to remove then add the sites [(did not include All), also, to further muddy the waters, we have SiteMinder installed (.net)]

When I load the CFIDE Administrator page, I can successfully login to SiteMinder, then I receive a "400" error from CF "the webpage cannot be found"

However, somehow, despite the odd configuration, the server works fine under Update 13...it also works fine under Update 14 if I remove/rename the IIS webconfig (but there is no SiteMinder, and I need SiteMinder). 

So, clearly, the update somehow changed the IIS settings.  And, I am attempting to reconfigure them correctly as directed by the vendor, and I am at the point where I need to add the Handler Mappings for the CF apps.

Do I add the Handler Mappings to the Server Level IIS settings?

Or the Sites level?  Does anyone have any tips? Am I headed in the right direction?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  Instead of adding the handlers manually, I renamed and moved the wsconfig folder, re-added the webconnectors using the web connector tool and checked the handler settings for each site.

The webconnector created 5 folders within the "new" wsconfig folder for each of the CF sites.  However, in IIS, it added the handlers to sites 3-4-5, but not 1&2, I find this odd and am hesitant to add them manually, but will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kris, the CF update would not touch IIS or the connector. It’s always a separate process to update the connector, if an update calls for it (as is indicated in the technotes for each update…but a complication there is that if you skip any updates, you need to look at the technotes of the updates you skipped, to see if THEY said to do the update. Adobe has addressed that in the CF2016 update technotes, and they told me last week they hope to do the same for the CF11 update technotes.)

Anyway, as for your problem, if you don’t resolve it on your own, I will just say that there are SO many moving parts that you may not be able to get anyone to help you via the forums/email. They could tell you to do every step, but if someone before you made a mistake of DID do manual updates to IIS, then your “doing things right” won’t help.

But all is not lost. I will say that I have been helping people out of that ditch for several years now, and we could “clean things up” sometimes in as little as 15 mins. (Just depends on factors like whether CF9 or earlier had been used on the same server, and what manual tweaks anyone may have done.) But it has rarely taken more than an hour, and you’ll be left not only with all working as it should, but likely better configured and tuned (as I would explain choices and pros/cons).

If you’re interested, I could work with you remotely, tonight or tomorrow or next week. No need for you to give me remote access. We’d use screen-sharing. For more on my rates, approach, satisfaction guarantee, and more, see http://www.carehart.org/consulting. Pardon the sales pitch. I make it only in about 1 in 20 or 30 replies. If I can offer the simple answer, I don’t bother. But when I can’t (or think no one else likely could), then I do. It’s never meant to drive business, but merely to offer the solution for someone who may appreciate it.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation