• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update password for database connection for a site

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got a request from a client stating to Update password for database connection for a specific site, how to do that in ColdFusion 11.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

You can do that within the CF Administrator under Data Sources.

ColdFusion Help | Administer ColdFusion

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that is can be handled using the ColdFusion administrator. Do you have access to this?

Import question to ask... Do any other sites are applications us this same connection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having admin access to the ColdFusion admin page, I have multiple applications running on the server can you please suggest me how to identify which application is using which data source connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't know which application is using which database connection, you will have to look in the code for the application in question and see what it's using. You might be able to identify that by enabling debug output, then looking at the CFQUERY tags displayed by that.

This is actually a fairly common problem with CF servers running many applications. CF doesn't really give you a way to directly identify this information, but you can work around this by keeping the information yourself, or by using sandboxes and keeping the datasources tied to those individual sandboxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once i find which data source is being used by my application, can you please tell me to update the password for that data source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do that within the CF Administrator under Data Sources.

ColdFusion Help | Administer ColdFusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before resetting the password i would like to know what is the current password of the data source, where can i get it and how to decrypt it, if it is encrypted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation