• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating shopping cart merchant gateway info

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been recently approached by a client that has an older site that was originally created on the ColdFusion platform, where the shopping cart merchant gateway has changed to a new provider and their merchant account credentials must be changed to continue taking orders. The original site developer is no longer available and I have been approached to make the update. I work with other Adobe Applications but am not too familiar with CF. Can anyone suggest where in the system I could change the merchant payment gateway credentials?

Thanks

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chuckstefen,

There is little way of knowing for sure without seeing code for the entire site, which is not really possible via forum posts.  Depending on how the site was architected, the credentials could be stored anywhere in the code files (and possibly in multiple places).  However, since ColdFusion code is generally stored in "plain text" files, you can use any text file search tools to look for instances of the old credentials (maybe a user name or such).  That will at least get you started, and help determine if the credentials are stored in only one place in the code (ideally) or multiple places (not great, but still workable).

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuck (and Carl), I've moved this discussion out of the CF Builder forum. As you may know, Chuck, CF Builder is Adobe's editing environment for CF. Your question is about the language, CFML, as such the CFBuilder forum is not the right place for the discussion. It's a frequent mistake, and no harm done. But I've moved this discussion to the "getting started" forum for CF, since that seems a better place. You may also get different folks responding who watch that forum and not the other. Hope that's helpful.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie.  I thought the same thing, but don't have the ability to move discussions.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, no problem.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation