Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade from CF9 to CF11

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2014 Aug 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On my production machine i am running CF9. Now i would like to upgrade to CF11 but i would like to run it on another machine.

So i can first test it CF11, update my code, and then simply change the IP from my site to the new server.

However, is it enough to buy an upgrade license from CF9 to CF11 and just install CF11 on the new server?

Do i first need to install CF9 on the new server and then upgrade to CF11?

Regards,

Marcel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2014 Sep 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install CF11 on your new server and either run it in 30 day trial or developer mode to test your code.

Regarding the licence - I think you can just install CF11 without 9 and use the upgrade licence key, that is what we have done.

Regards,

Stevie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2014 Sep 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcel,

You can buy an upgrade license, as you already own a qualified version of ColdFusion, i.e. CF9. On the new server, you need not to install CF9 first and then CF11.

You can directly install CF11 and test your application.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for the answer.

But why would i buy then an upgrade license from CF9 to CF11 if the CF10 to CF11 is cheaper and will also work without problems?

Regards,

Marcel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You buy an upgrade from a version which you own. If you have CF9 then you will buy an upgrade from CF9 to CF11. However, if you have CF10, then obviously, you will go for an upgrade from CF10 to CF11.

It all depends upon what version you own and is it the qualifying version for upgrade to the current one or not?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation