• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade/Patch ColdFusion

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I need to upgrade ColdFusion from v9,0,0,251028 to at least vCF9.0.1.  Can someone please direct me to a site with directions/procedures for doing that?  Thanks very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Charlie Arehart has blogged extensively about the process.  Since CF9 is no longer supported by Adobe, you aren't likely to find much in the way of directions/procedures on it from them.  There is also the Unofficial Updater 2, which automates CF9 patching and was written by a community member (I think David Eppler).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doh, I was writing my answer as Carl was writing his.

Good point about the UU2 also, Carl. I’d not thought to mention that, though that would indeed take care of the CHF4 that I warned you that you’d want to consider, Coolidge.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both.  That's very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Coolidge. First, just to clarify, you won’t find any such info (or at least the downloads you need) on the Adobe site. CF9 support was dropped at the end of 2014, and most files and many references to it on resource pages were dropped from the site when CF11 came out (which is a typical pattern for Adobe with regard to CF stuff: references to the current and previous release generally remain. But even with CF10, the CF10 installers are no longer on the Adobe site, for a different reason.)

Anyway, here’s good news for you (and folks looking for CF10, and indeed just about any CF installer, whether full or update). There’s a site created by Gavin Pickin (and supported by other contributors, including myself) where you WILL find all CF installers and updates (and hotfixes). See bit.ly/cfdownloads.

As for CF 901, you can get there from 9.0 by just running the 9.0.1 installer. Note that there was a 4th Cumulative hotfix that you’d want to install as well (the update installer did NOT include that). And if you may see and be tempted to go with 9.0.2 instead, do beware: that’s NOT an updater for 9.0 (or 9.0.1). it’s a full installer. I discuss this more here:

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2013/8/19/understanding_ColdFusion_9.0.2_a_FAQ

Let us know if this helps.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation