Highlighted

Upgraded to 2016 -Unable to initialise Monitoring service: coldfusion.server.ServiceException: Unknown tag: Arg

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to 2016 from CF10.  I can't get to the administrator page.  I get this in the server.log:

"Information","localhost-startStop-1","02/28/17","09:39:05","","Starting Monitoring..."

"Error","localhost-startStop-1","02/28/17","09:39:06","","Unknown tag: Arg"

"Error","localhost-startStop-1","02/28/17","09:39:06","","Unable to initialise Monitoring service: coldfusion.server.ServiceException: Unknown tag: Arg"

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot/fix?

(Windows Web Server 2008 R2 - 64 bit)

Did  you install any hotfixes after upgrading?

The only time I have seen this is when a hotfix doesn't install properly. The fix is to manually remove the hotfix and reinstall. If you didn't then a fresh install maybe in order.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Upgraded to 2016 -Unable to initialise Monitoring service: coldfusion.server.ServiceException: Unknown tag: Arg

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to 2016 from CF10.  I can't get to the administrator page.  I get this in the server.log:

"Information","localhost-startStop-1","02/28/17","09:39:05","","Starting Monitoring..."

"Error","localhost-startStop-1","02/28/17","09:39:06","","Unknown tag: Arg"

"Error","localhost-startStop-1","02/28/17","09:39:06","","Unable to initialise Monitoring service: coldfusion.server.ServiceException: Unknown tag: Arg"

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot/fix?

(Windows Web Server 2008 R2 - 64 bit)

The only time I have seen this is when a hotfix doesn't install properly. The fix is to manually remove the hotfix and reinstall. If you didn't then a fresh install maybe in order.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 28, 2017 0
Advocate ,
Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2017 0
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted support and their only option was to do a new install.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2017 0