• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from 11 to Coldfusion 18

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, does anyone know the steps needed to upgrade from Coldfusion 11 to 18. I was told I could bypass the 2016 and install the 2018. Thanks

TOPICS
Advanced techniques , Documentation , Getting started , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Senut,

We were able to to do it *without* much issues. Our site uses old school cftag, a handful of cfc, and no cfscript. The one minnor issue I encounter was a cfform/cfc tag that implemented autosuggest that had been deprecrated as an out-of-box ColdFusion 2018 feature. I was able to find a work around by downloading and copying the required js files.

Other than that, most thing has been working as it should. But this one anecdotal experience and as they say ... actual mileage may vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. What manual steps did you take to achieve it? And what Cold fusion 18 update did you use?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Other than transfering folders/files from one server to another, there wasn't much involved. Our hands were tied because our internal IT department did not want to support Coldfusion anymore - especially once Adobe decided to end support for 2011. We opted to use Media3 as our host provider and they have been impressively responsive.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation