• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from ColdFusion 9 to ColdFusion 11

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our organization has been using ColdFusion for many years now, however I'm relatively new here and to ColdFusion in general.

We need to upgrade from ColdFusion 9 to ColdFusion 11 and are looking into potential issues or problems that such a migration might encounter.

Are their known issues when doing this kind of migration?

I don't know a lot about the majority of applications currently running on the server, only the ones I've worked with over the past 9 months, so I can't be too specific about the kinds of applications we will be moving, but none of them should be very complicated, as this server in particular is just a utility server.

Is there a place where a list of issues or known problems with this kind of migration might be listed out and discussed?

Any help or advice that you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best piece of advice I can give is to avoid "upgrading".  CF 9 uses JRun on CF11 uses Tomcat JVM.  You'll want to do a fresh, new, install of CF11.

If you us the CFChart tag all your charts will need re-done.  Adobe changed 'engines' for that and the backward compatibility is non-existent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've run into some issues with LDAP queries on CF 11 on a clean install. The queries worked (are actively working) in CF9, but do not work so far in CF11.  Also, some issues with invoking a .net tool on the 64-bit version, but Google was able to yield a work around/fix for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation