• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VCard and Outlook problem

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2008 Jan 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems with VCard encoding, such that my coldfusion generated VCards are compatible with Apples Address Book, but remain unreadable by Outlook or anything on a PC.

A link is clicked which sends a persons id to the script which then outputs the details (beginning of script shown underneath).

(I understood that VCard v2.1, not v3.0, would allow me to specify UTF-8 as Charset)

The Outputted VCards look to all intents and purposes correct when opened in Apples Textedit or Microsofts Wordpad, though when opened with Notepad on a PC I can see that line breaks are replaced with a rectangle (suggesting no character) and this is preventing Outlook from reading the details.

Also, the file has no extension and so isn't recognised on a PC as being .vcf.

Anyone shed any light on this?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 14, 2008 Jan 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try forcing the extension of .vcf It shouldn't make a difference to Mac but it could make all the difference in the world to PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2008 Jan 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afraid not - I've already tried forcing various VCard extensions; .vcf is omitted on the PC, displayed on MAC and others (such as .vcd) are displayed but make no difference...

Any other thoughts..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are unable to import your vcf file into outlook for manually, then you can try third party tool like completeconverter.com/outlook-vcf-export-import/ Import VCF to Outlook convert software tool. When the users want to move the contacts to their Outlook email client to access them in Outlook whenever they need, the need to import vCard to Outlook is felt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation