Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very Strange error and can't find any answer anywhere in the net

Participant ,
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a login form (see below).
If I use the regular HTML form and form fields for the username, password and submit button I don't get any problem viewing my form
But if I use cfform and cfinput form fields I get this error.
Here is my cfform codes:
cfform name="login" action="/login/checkLogin.cfm" method="post">
  cfinput type="text" name="username" size="25" required="Yes" message="Please enter your username">
  cfinput type="password" name="password" size="25" required="Yes" message="Please enter you password">
   cfinput type="submit" value="Sign In">
/cfform>

When I launch this page I get this error and I don't understand what this means and what am I supposed to do, please help!
Total Time Avg Time Count Template
1 ms 1 ms 1 /opt/coldfusion10/cfusion/wwwroot/CFIDE/administrator/templates/secure_profile_error.cfm
0 ms 0 ms 1 top level /home/space/users/www/webdocsec/login/login.cfm
19 ms   STARTUP, PARSING, COMPILING, LOADING, & SHUTDOWN
20 ms   TOTAL EXECUTION TIME
red = over 250 ms average execution time
Exceptions
10:08:08.008 - Template Exception - in : line -1
     Attribute validation error for tag CFINPUT.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got the answer, partially, enough for me to view my form but still have some part that I don't get it completely. The error was caused by my cfinput type="submit" where there was no name attribute on it. Soon after I added the name attribute I can view my form: cfinput type="submit" name="submitform" value="Sign In"> The reason I got the weird and unfamiliar error was due to secure_profile_error.cfm setting in the CFAdmin>Setting>Site-wide error handler. In my cfadmin the value listed was: /CFIDE/administrator/templates/secure_profile_error.cfm I think this is to prevent CFadmin from showing the regular error message with line number. Soon after I change the value to nothing, and ran my login form, I can see the error message pointed to my cfinput that did not have a name attribute at line number. Up to this point I understand why that error showed up and was able to make the correction to my code. What I'm still not clear is how to make a use of secure_profile_error.cfm that is set in site-wide error handler under the setting? can anyone help with example? thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using cfform

To start with, leave cfform aside. You will find in the documentation that most developers are abandoning Coldfusion's native UI tags, for example, cfform, cfgrid, and so on. They are outdated and occasionally perform erratically. If you wish to validate forms, use a Javascript library such as jQuery.

Implementing Site-Wide Error Handler

By default, there is no site-wide error handler configured. It is advisable to create your own. Then register the path of the page in the Coldfusion Administrator.

As the name implies, it is a CFM page which ColdFusion runs when it encounters an error on your site. Creating your own enables you to present a simple, customized, user-friendly page to your visitors.

Alternatively, you may choose to implement a Secure Profile. This is available in the Administrator, on the page Security => Secure Profile.

When you check the box, you configure Coldfusion to automatically implement all the security measures listed in the table. That includes Coldfusion's own the Site-Wide Error Handler. It is the system file, /CFIDE/administrator/templates/secure_profile_error.cfm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation