• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web Server Configuration - Connector Settings

Participant ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community, we are still having some issues about timeouts. Users are reporting they get timeouts errors much before the 20 minutes set on the application.cfm file.

I decided to do a CF2016 installation from scratch just to test different setting and while creating the connection to the web server using the Web Server Configuration tool, when I clicked on Advanced, I found these settings:

advanced.png

At this point I am confused about the different places where different time outs can be adjusted.

Would this affect the issue the users are having?

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

That doesn't sound like a web server connector issue to me. The web server connector basically just passes information from IIS to ColdFusion. If the user already has a session, it's ColdFusion's job to determine when to timeout the session. I could be wrong here, I just don't think that's the cause.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe. What kind of timeouts are they getting exactly? Individual operations can time out as well as entire page requests, and those won't be affected by the web server connector settings. For example, queries can time out because of deadlocks, or CFHTTP tags can time out because remote servers are slow, etc.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave. Basically users are working on the application and try to save a form, it will throw an error. In the CF Admin page, the log shows "element DATASOURCE is undefined in session", being DATASOURCE one of the session variables, but it could be another session variable. This is not happening to every user and the ones having the issues say it happens before the 20 minutes timeout they have.

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't sound like a web server connector issue to me. The web server connector basically just passes information from IIS to ColdFusion. If the user already has a session, it's ColdFusion's job to determine when to timeout the session. I could be wrong here, I just don't think that's the cause.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, that was what I was trying to understand. I need to take a crash course on CF configuration I think.

Thank you Dave for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation