• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Websockets flash fallback not working when secure is true

Advocate ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Coldfusion 11 on  a 2008 win server box (IIS7). I have configured websockets in coldfusion using the built in server with all the defaults with the addition of my keystore for the SSL setup.

I am using the the secure="true" on the cfwebsocket tag.

<cfwebsocket name="mySocket" onMessage="defaultmsgHandler" onOpen="openHandler" onError="errorHandler" secure="true"/>

The rest of the websocket code is from the adobe dev connection - http://www.adobe.com/devnet/coldfusion/articles/html5-websockets-coldfusion-pt1.html

My addition is simply the secure attribute.

All works fine, over both SSL and Non SSL (ws / wss) exactly how I expected. The problem came when I was testing it in older browsers < IE 10 etc. The flash fallback is loading up as I can see the element in the html but there is no connection to the websocket server and no data is moved around.

As soon as I remove the secure = true attribute everything is fine. Flash fallback works exactly how I was expecting.

I have all the relevant ports open on the firewall. Flash fallback uses 1243 and it seems to connect when I trace it via wireshark but the connection from flash back to websockets doesnt initiate.

Is it intended to work this way? Am I missing a trick somewhere? Do I need to change something in the crossdomain.xml policies?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?