• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will Coldfusion support Windows 10?

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 has been released for months.  It's also been in beta for months prior to that.   But there has been no statement from Adobe about ever supporting Windows 10.

It wont work with recent IIS, so my dev machines can't be updated to Windows 10.

Will ColdFusion EVER support Windows 10?   

Am I being forced to move to one of the open source CFML engines instead after more than 20 years building in ColdFusion?

Cheers,

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But since it wont install on Windows 10,  what do i do now?       Those instructions arent about installing coldfusion.  theyre about connecting ColdFusion to IIS.

I am trying to install ColdFusion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should install on Windows 10. What is the error you are getting?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My WIndows 9 wouldn't work with Windows 10,  which is when I started asking questions about why.    After 3 months I still havent had any reliable information to work on.      Today I decided I coudlnt wait any longer - if i couldnt get ColdFusion to work then after 20 years as a ColdFusion developer I was going to have to move to one of the open source CFML engines , and take all my client sites and hosted sites with me. 

SO today I uninstalled ColdFusion 9 - which wasn't easy because the CF9 installer wont run.  I had to delete all the files manually,   then go through the registry to ensure there were no ColdFusion references left.

Then assuming I had a "clean" machine (meaning there were no ColdFusion references left)   I tried to install the CF11 64bit Developer version.      It complained at the web connector page where I tried to enable it for all IIS sites.   So since it woujldn't go past that page until i had installed ASP.NET,  CGI.ISAPI Extensions,  and ISAPI Filters  to IIS (which were already installed)   I tried to install CF11 Developer edition as a single server (not JEE) with the built in web server  and it hung at 12% ,    and the status line said "Installing - check for previous version(s) of ColdlFusion."       Eventually I had to restart my machine because it wouldn't cancel either.

So now I'm looking at a partial installation,  not working,   trying to work out what to do next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have a partial installation.     When I try to uninstall it so i can have another try,   the uninstall aborts and leaves the files all still there.   

What a bloody mess.    And no information anywhere about how to INSTALL Coldfusion on a Windows10 machine.   Only how to make an ALREADY INSTALLED installation work with IIS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

My team would get in touch with you. Alternatively, you can get in touch with us at cf.install@adobe.com

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anit, thank you,  but  that's a brave offer on your part.   It would help get things moving along at last, but in 20 years of building sites using your products,  i have NEVER ONCE had anyone from Adobe or any of its predecessors honour a commitment like that.    Not even when I was having difficulty getting payments to my Createive Cloud subscription applied to the right account.    They just dont bother.

I have never EVER had anyone from Adobe help me with a problem.  I have always had to rely on the goodwill of the developer community,  but that doesn't exist any more since Adobe stopped their people from having anything to do with ColdFusion developers.      The HouseofFusion domain is completely defunct, and usergroups arent interested in ColdFusion.

My experience has been that Allaire,  Macromedia  and Adobe - all have a totally useless customer support operation when it comes to ColdFusion.   If you can prove me wrong I will be very impressed indeed.

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mike.

My team is already in touch with you.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation