• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why 404 on isapi_redirect.dll via Jakarta on CF11 Windows 2012?

Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a lot of trouble getting a fairly complicated site to function with CF11 on Windows 2012 (I'm moving from CF8 on Windows 2003). After several days I noticed update 1; once I applied that, I was able to get beyond the 404

Now I'm trying to add a second site and I'm back to the 404s. I can access the main page with a domain name by not specifying index.cfm.

http://www.mydomain.com:80/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll

Detailed Error Information:

Module    IIS Web Core

Notification    MapRequestHandler

Handler    ISAPI-dll

Error Code    0x80070002

Requested URL    http://www.mydomai.com:80/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll

Physical Path    C:\ColdFusion11\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll

Logon Method    Anonymous

Logon User    Anonymous

The Configuration Wizard

Created a folder 1 in cfroot\config\wsconfig, that contains all connector-related files.
Created a virtual directory Jakarta in cfroot\config\wsconfig (in IIS).
Added an entry, tomcat, under the ISAPI FILTERS. This points to cfroot\config\wsconfig

\1\isapi_redirect.dll.

Added an entry, tomcat, to  cfroot\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll

with permission allowed under ISAPI and CGI Restrictions. It is applicable for global sites in IIS manager

(I see the tomcat entry in IIS.ISAPI FILTERS.. not sure where ISAPI and CGI Restrictions are.)

Added the following isapi handlers: cfcHandler, cfmHandler, cfmlHandler, cfrHandler, and

cfswfHandler.

Makes me think I have to uninstall and reinstall CF 11, set up all the sites, run the connector wizard, then apply the update. That can't be true can it?

On this server, I'm serving pages off of C:\inetpub\wwwroot (a simpler setup than what I'd prefer which would be to serve off D:\inetpub\wwwroot so that the C drive is less accessible to web access)

Any ideas would be welcome.

TOPICS
Connector

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

After you installed Update 1, did you remove and recreate the connectors using the Web Configuration tool?  That is a necessary step.

If you did do that, did you install the connectors to "all sites" or just to the site you previously had working?  You may have to run the Web Configuration tool again to "wire up" the 2nd site.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pressed the remove in the Configuration Wizard and then pressed add

I'm pretty sure that created a second folder (2) in cfroot\config\wsconfig,.. I'll try that again just to verify.

I've been working on 2 different VMs.. having spent about 3 days trying to get the 2nd (a production copy of CF11) working serving sites off D:\inetpub\wwwroot, I decided yesterday to try adding a 2nd site to my functioning  developer copy of CF11 (on my 1st VM )  ..

So it's hard to remember how many time I ran the Configuration Wizard.. I do know that at one time I had 4 folders under cfroot\config\wsconfig  on my 2nd VM  (which has the production copy of CF11). I later deleted \wsconfig and ran the Configuration Wizard; it recreated wsconfig/1 and applied the virtual directories but it did NOT recreate the XML file (so I copied that across from my developer VM then restarted CF and IIS itself

I'd also tried creating the relevant virtual directories hence getting messages like

VDIR object "Default Website/jakarta" added

VDIR object "mywebsiteroot/jakarta" added

VDIR object "Default Website/CFIDE" added

Failed to add duplicate Collection element "/CFIDE"

I did install the connectors to "all sites" .. there were no messages in the console window.. would they be found in some log instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I neglected to mention that we installed IIS 8.5 on the Windows 2012 server.. I assume that could have some bearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

Have you been able to get this sorted out yet?  There was a bunch of information posted on the ColdFusion blog last week regarding ColdFusion connector issues which might address your problems.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Priyank was able to get the connection to work with a 64 bit install.. Seemed like multiple runs of wsconfig (as administrator) with iisresets in between were required. I've had to give up my laptop for several days so have not yet tried adding additional sites yet and also have not had a chance to try the 64 bit install on another machine. With luck I will be able to Wed or Thur. Thanks for the follow up and I'll check out the blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is exactly what solved this problem for me on IIS 8.5.  I removed the site in the Web Configuration Tool.  I then re-added the IIS site, which incorporated the new 2nd site we added.  The WCT then created the new 'jakarta' folder for the new site.

Thank you!

Zach

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation