I had a lot of trouble getting a fairly complicated site to function with CF11 on Windows 2012 (I'm moving from CF8 on Windows 2003). After several days I noticed update 1; once I applied that, I was able to get beyond the 404
Now I'm trying to add a second site and I'm back to the 404s. I can access the main page with a domain name by not specifying index.cfm.
Detailed Error Information:
Module IIS Web Core
Error Code 0x80070002
Requested URL http://www.mydomai.com:80/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll
Physical Path C:\ColdFusion11\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous
The Configuration Wizard
|Created a folder 1 in cfroot\config\wsconfig, that contains all connector-related files.|
|Created a virtual directory Jakarta in cfroot\config\wsconfig (in IIS).|
|Added an entry, tomcat, under the ISAPI FILTERS. This points to cfroot\config\wsconfig|
Added an entry, tomcat, to cfroot\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll
with permission allowed under ISAPI and CGI Restrictions. It is applicable for global sites in IIS manager
(I see the tomcat entry in IIS.ISAPI FILTERS.. not sure where ISAPI and CGI Restrictions are.)
|Added the following isapi handlers: cfcHandler, cfmHandler, cfmlHandler, cfrHandler, and|
Makes me think I have to uninstall and reinstall CF 11, set up all the sites, run the connector wizard, then apply the update. That can't be true can it?
On this server, I'm serving pages off of C:\inetpub\wwwroot (a simpler setup than what I'd prefer which would be to serve off D:\inetpub\wwwroot so that the C drive is less accessible to web access)
Any ideas would be welcome.
After you installed Update 1, did you remove and recreate the connectors using the Web Configuration tool? That is a necessary step.
If you did do that, did you install the connectors to "all sites" or just to the site you previously had working? You may have to run the Web Configuration tool again to "wire up" the 2nd site.
I pressed the remove in the Configuration Wizard and then pressed add
I'm pretty sure that created a second folder (2) in cfroot\config\wsconfig,.. I'll try that again just to verify.
I've been working on 2 different VMs.. having spent about 3 days trying to get the 2nd (a production copy of CF11) working serving sites off D:\inetpub\wwwroot, I decided yesterday to try adding a 2nd site to my functioning developer copy of CF11 (on my 1st VM ) ..
So it's hard to remember how many time I ran the Configuration Wizard.. I do know that at one time I had 4 folders under cfroot\config\wsconfig on my 2nd VM (which has the production copy of CF11). I later deleted \wsconfig and ran the Configuration Wizard; it recreated wsconfig/1 and applied the virtual directories but it did NOT recreate the XML file (so I copied that across from my developer VM then restarted CF and IIS itself
I'd also tried creating the relevant virtual directories hence getting messages like
VDIR object "Default Website/jakarta" added
VDIR object "mywebsiteroot/jakarta" added
VDIR object "Default Website/CFIDE" added
Failed to add duplicate Collection element "/CFIDE"
I did install the connectors to "all sites" .. there were no messages in the console window.. would they be found in some log instead?
I neglected to mention that we installed IIS 8.5 on the Windows 2012 server.. I assume that could have some bearing.
Have you been able to get this sorted out yet? There was a bunch of information posted on the ColdFusion blog last week regarding ColdFusion connector issues which might address your problems.
Priyank was able to get the connection to work with a 64 bit install.. Seemed like multiple runs of wsconfig (as administrator) with iisresets in between were required. I've had to give up my laptop for several days so have not yet tried adding additional sites yet and also have not had a chance to try the 64 bit install on another machine. With luck I will be able to Wed or Thur. Thanks for the follow up and I'll check out the blog.
This is exactly what solved this problem for me on IIS 8.5. I removed the site in the Web Configuration Tool. I then re-added the IIS site, which incorporated the new 2nd site we added. The WCT then created the new 'jakarta' folder for the new site.