• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am I getting a 500 error on a newly installed Coldfusion 11?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running CentOS 6.6 with Apache 2.2.15.  All were installed today, on a newly provisioned VMware guest.

When I browse to http://10.213.42.200/CFIDE/administrator/ from my laptop, I get a 500 error.  I read that I may need to access from localhost. 

2015-03-31 20_37_20-.png

So, I installed X windows and a desktop client, then connected to the VMware console for the machine and browsed to localhost.  I got the same 500 error.

2015-03-31 20_38_29-10.213.200.202 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

This is a very vanilla install, and I can make any changes necessary.  What suggestions do you have, or what additional information can I provide to gain an answer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Thank you for pointing me to that file!

I was able to look up the errorINFO: failed to load: coldfusion.CfmServlet and found this thread:

ColdFusion 10 install on RHEL 6.1

The problem was solved when I updated my hosts file and restarted Coldfusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run the web server connector after the installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran it during the installation.

I also tried running it afterwards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inside the Coldfusion11 directory (where ever you installed it to) there will be a logs folder. Have a look at coldfusion-out.log to see if there is any clue. Also worth checking the Apache logs to see if it shows anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I re-installed CentOS without apache.  I installed Coldfusion using ~./ColdFusion_11_WWEJ_linux64.bin, and it still gives me a 500 error.  Maybe it's worth mentioning that I installed using the Production+Secure profile.  Maybe it's too secure?  Also, I set the user as "nobody" in the installer (I ran the installer while logged in as root).

I see this in the log file coldfusion-error.log:

[root@d-webehr-app02 logs]# tail -f coldfusion-error.log

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:422)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1040)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:314)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

java.lang.NullPointerException

at coldfusion.CfmServlet.init(CfmServlet.java:97)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:121)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1284)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1197)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:864)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:134)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1040)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:314)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)

Apr 01, 2015 1:34:51 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

INFO: failed to load: coldfusion.CfmServlet

Apr 01, 2015 1:34:51 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke

SEVERE: Allocate exception for servlet CfmServlet

java.lang.NullPointerException

at coldfusion.CfmServlet.init(CfmServlet.java:97)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:121)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1284)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1197)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:864)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:134)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting anything in the log file that references to issues initialising the licensing service?

I would recommend archiving the log files and then restarting the server, then access the page. This way you should have only the relevant logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for pointing me to that file!

I was able to look up the errorINFO: failed to load: coldfusion.CfmServlet and found this thread:

ColdFusion 10 install on RHEL 6.1

The problem was solved when I updated my hosts file and restarted Coldfusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear. That was the next thing I was going to recommend.

If you can mark the thread as answered it will help anyone else looking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation