• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am I getting OUT1_{long_number}.tmp files in my cfusion\logs folder in CF11?

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've recently upgraded to CF11 Enterprise and have noticed that files seem to be getting written to our {CFHOME}\cfusion\logs folder.  The files take the format of OUT1_23539608830713455679092769999515830316.tmp and appear to be getting created when we call CFPDF with the merge function although I have not confirmed this is the triggering event yet.  Can anyone tell me why we would see *.tmp files get created in the \cfusion\logs folder and how to stop it from happening.  I don't think these files are in any way wanted or needed.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, just renamed the tmp file to pdf and it apparently is a pdf file.  I'm curious as to why it would be creating an additional file in here.  Also, the version is CF11 Developer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out the command that's creating the file in the temp folder is

<cfpdf action="processddx" ddxfile="#myddx#" inputfiles="#rptparams.input#" outputfiles="#rptparams.output#" name="ddxOutput">

where myddx is a string that returns true for isDDX(myddx). 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <DDX xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/ coldfusion_ddx.xsd"> <PDF result="Out1" initialView="firstView"> <Title value="Gift Trust - Silver"/> <PDF source="Cover" bookmarkTitle="Title Page"/> <PDF source="doc1" bookmarkTitle="YTD Performance Summary (@_vista) 2014-01-01 - 2014-08-20" /> <PDF source="doc2" bookmarkTitle="Appraisal (@_vista) 2014-08-20" /> <PDF source="doc3" bookmarkTitle="Cash Ledger (@_vista) 2014-08-20 - 2014-08-20" /> </PDF> <InitialViewProfile name="firstView" show="BookmarksPanel" magnification="100%"/> <StyleProfile name="TOCheaderStyle"> <Header> <Left> <StyledText> <p font="600 18pt Arial"> Gift Trust - Silver</p> <p font="Arial,12pt"> </p> </StyledText> </Left> </Header> </StyleProfile> </DDX>

The inputfiles and outputfiles are both structs and the file referenced in {outputfiles file} appears to get created.

Interestingly enough, a file named OUT1 happens to coincide with the <PDF result="Out1" but that about the only clue I can muster up.

Could it be related to the name='ddxOutput' parameter?  Can that be omitted?

Also, this code has been working fine in CF8 / x86 for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation