• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is ColdFusion throwing a 500 Internal Server error after APSB14-23 hotfix installation?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have just installed the APSB14-23 hotfix for ColdFusion 10. After the installation, we get the following error when we try to reach ColdFusion administrator. Has anybody experienced this error before? How did you resolve it? Thanks.

Best regards,

Chung Lee

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: coldfusion.server.ServiceFactory$ServiceNotAvailableException: The Runtime service is not available. coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:129) coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59) org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472) org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98) org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:928) org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:414) org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:204) org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:539) org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:298) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 

root cause

coldfusion.server.ServiceFactory$ServiceNotAvailableException: The Runtime service is not available. coldfusion.server.ServiceFactory.getRuntimeService(ServiceFactory.java:117) coldfusion.CfmServlet.init(CfmServlet.java:99) coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:121) coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59) org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472) org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98) org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:928) org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:414) org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:204) org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:539) org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:298) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.23 logs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using IIS with ColdFusion?  You may need to install the updater manually (from the command line) while running as Administrator.  Also, did you rebuild the connectors as suggested by the Update Description?

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Carl,

Thank you for your quick response. I have verified that that the ColdFusion updater was installed...based on the build number of 283111. I also reconfigured through the Web Server Configuration Tool after the installation.

Thanks,

Chung

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the "running as Administrator" bit?  Did you do that?  If not, the update may "think" it has installed everything, but some of the pieces may not have actually updated properly.  Check the date on the isapi_redirect.dll file (\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\#, where # corresponds to the number of the connected IIS site).

Also, are you accessing the CF Administrator through an IIS website?  What URL are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anit,

Thank you for you reply and providing the reference. I have followed the instructions on the blog article several times. I am still getting the 500 Internal server error. Our ColdFusion service account is running as the administrator. I have re-configured the connector after installing the hotfix.

Thanks,

Chung Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chung,

Did you try the step mentioned at Updates for ColdFusion 11, ColdFusion 10 and ColdFusion 9 released — Adobe ColdFusion Blog (Comment 26). If still you face any issue, then please revert.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clee_usace wrote:

Our ColdFusion service account is running as the administrator.

Not the same thing as making sure that the updater is being "Run as an Administrator.."

I installed the mandatory update three times before I finally figured it out.

I had to place the .jar file in a folder, then open CMD.EXE as an administrator, cd\ to the folder where the .jar file is, and then something like "java -{something} {filename}.jar" to get the update to actually work properly.

If you've already done that, then I apologize for stating the obvious.  But if you haven't done that, yet, you need to before anything else.

My build number is 284032.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everybody,

I am happy to say that I am able to successfully install hotfix 14. As you guys suggested, I went ahead and install it manually and through the command prompt. I appreciate all your guidance. Thanks.

--Chung Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation