• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is it so hard to purchase CF Server 11 from Adobe?

Engaged ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a small government agency in Idaho and for the last two weeks we've been trying to purchase a copy of CF Server 11 (YES I know it's an old version) and two copies of Dreamweaver.   For reasons I can't understand Adobe just isn't interested in selling product to us.

Because of a time crunch that is now upon us, our purchaser has spent the last two days on the phone with Dell software and Adobe trying to get this PO filled.  Both sides say sure no problem but neither side will deliver.  All we need is a link to download and a serial number!!!

Uh Adobe... You just pushed management here into discussing options for web development other than Adobe products.  If you won't sell product to us or support us we will go somewhere else.  There are options after all.

Adobe should invest in customer support!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gather if you purchase CF2016 you can ask (cfinstall@adobe.com as I remember it) for a free CF11 downgrade key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the email, here is the correct one cfinstal@adobe.com. Please send an email to us and we will engage our licensing team.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks but I was unable to do anything about it.  We have a purchasing agent who had to go through Dell and Adobe.  One side just kept pushing it back on the other.  It took Kris almost 15 hours of phone time to get the link to the correct download!  Frustrating to say the least!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think of Adobe like Micro$oft.

If there is a newer version of Windows and you want one iteration earlier, even though it's still available Micro$oft will do everything they can think of to make that purchase as unappealing as possible hoping that you'll change your mind and buy the most recent.

Adobe is the same way.  The very second a newer version of anything is available, the links to the previous version disappear from the main download page, and the purchase teams are instructed to push the user towards buying the "latest and greatest" version.  They'll pontificate about security and new features and robustness.

Cynical view?  Perhaps.  But it's not based upon imagined or perceived scenarios.  Adobe doesn't make as much money off of products that are replaced by the newest, so they push for the customer to buy the most recent.  It's business.. nothing personal.  I think.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation