• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why isn't ColdFusion supported in Dreamweaver CC anymore?

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason Adobe is no longer supporting ColdFusion in the new Dreamweaver CC 2014. CF comments are no longer are highlighted in the code view. In fact CF is not listed among applications, although PHP is. Is Adobe planning on abandoning CF?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben Forta wrote a post on his blog last year about the changes to Coldfusion and Dreamweaver.

You can see it here - http://forta.com/blog/index.cfm/2013/6/30/On-Dreamweaver-CC-And-ColdFusion

The main reason seems to be Coldfusion Builder and moving Dreamweaver to do the "client side" aspect of development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forta gives a good explanation in his blog. (Thanks for the link). However, I agree with many of the comments that indicate Adobe management has their head in the sand.

My biggest gripe is no longer highlighting CF comments in the code. I do most of my coding by hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation