• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will ColdFusion 11 Standard License key activate CF Enterprise Evaluation

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2015 Sep 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We installed ColdFusion 11 Enterprise Evaluation (Trial) but would like to buy ColdFusion 11 Standard to use on the same Windows Server 2012.

Will we need to reinstall ColdFusion 11 Standard or will the license key/serial number work on the currently installed ColdFusion 11 Enterprise?

I assume all we'll need do is enter the purchased CF 11 Standard key into the CF Admin"New License" box want to be sure first. Can't seem to reach Adobe to answer this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2015 Sep 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately, then there is no alternative. You will have to reinstall ColdFusion as Standard edition.

Note:- Please create a CAR package before uninstalling, so that, you preserve the CF Admin settings.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. However, I'm not at all sure I agree with you.

On the Adobe site, asking for ColdFusion 11 Standard Trial I'm given the option to download the Standard Trial edition and it is the same identical file as the Enterprise Edition.

So, I believe there is only one file to download for version 11, installs as Enterprise Evaluation, but depending on the licence you buy, converts to either the Enterprise or Standard Edition.

This would mean I would NOT be required to reinstall, just enter the purchased serial number and presto, ready to go.

From what I've seen, this is the only scenario that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, apologies for the delay in response. I just saw your response.

This is correct

Jim Maxey wrote:

So, I believe there is only one file to download for version 11, installs as Enterprise Evaluation, but depending on the licence you buy, converts to either the Enterprise or Standard Edition.

From your post initially, I assumed, that you are trying to convert ColdFusion 11 Standard installation to CF Enterprise installation.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2015 Sep 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anit.

We purchased the Enterprise version and it's now installed. Everything is fine except that we CANNOT use the Web Site Configuration Tool. We tried, it opens but it is empty. We cannot see any sites associated with it so we cannot active new sites.

This seems as though it is because we upgraded from the trial version to the licensed version.

Any idea or suggestions as to why the tool, (WSCONFIG.EXE) when opened has all "Configured Web Services" now blank when run, even when run as ADMINISTRATOR from command line?

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2015 Sep 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

This is not the reason.

Jim Maxey wrote:

Thanks Anit.

This seems as though it is because we upgraded from the trial version to the licensed version.

The connector tool should always run with “Run as Administrator” option. Please refer to the solution at IIS sites grayed out in ColdFusion | ColdFusion Solution

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2015 Sep 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anit - That link does not help at all. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is installed. It was installed long ago and updates when needed. And anyway, all was working before we purchased and installed the Enterprise license.

And I always open the tool exclusively AS ADMINISTRATOR.

So, we still need some help to find a solution. What do you suggest now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation