• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows Performance Monitor only Showing Activity of CF Admin

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ColdFusion 2018 Standard running on Windows Server 2016. 'Enable Performance Monitoring' is checked in the CF Admin, and the counters show up in Windows Performance Monitor.

However, the only actual activity that shows up is when I hit the CF Admin interface web page (Page Hits/Sec, Running Requests, etc.) which is setup under the 'Default Web Site' site. No activity is shown in the Performance Monitor for any of the other sites on this server.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Ok that seemed to work, the other sites are now showing up in Performance Monitor.

What I ended up doing was enabling the CFSTAT checkbox, changing the Connector Port to 80, and restarting the service.

Never did hear anything back from Adobe support.

Thanks again Charlie.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a transcript of a text chat I had with support, thought the further details might help. So far haven't really gotten much help from support.

Sandip: Hi Bryan, how are you doing today?

Bryan: Fine, thanks.

Sandip: Bruan, have you enabled server profiling?

Bryan: No

Sandip: Please enable server profiling and check if that resolves the issue?

Bryan: I just Googled 'enable server profiling coldfusion' and don't really see anything. How do I enable this.

Sandip: In the ColdFusion admin, under server profiling there is an option to enable server profiling.

Bryan: Adobe ColdFusion (2018) Release Standard. I don't see a Server Profiling menu.

Bryan: Server Settings Data & Services Debugging & Logging Performance Monitoring Toolset Extensions Event Gateways Security Packaging & Deployment Server Update

Sandip: In the issue description, you are have stated CF 11. Are you using CF 11 or CF2018?

Bryan: Server Product ColdFusion Version 2018,0,01,314033 Edition Standard Operating System Windows Server 2016 OS Version 10.0 Update Level /C:/ColdFusion2018/cfusion/lib/updates/chf20180003.jar Adobe Driver Version 5.1.4 (Build 0001) Tomcat Version 9.0.10.0

Bryan: Sorry, 2018 I guess. Thought they were the same.

Sandip: Okay. So, in CF2018, server montoring is a different product.

Bryan: I'm not using server monitoring, I'm using performance monitor in Windows.

Sandip: Okay.

Bryan: Enable Performance Monitoring Select this option so the standard NT Performance Monitor application shows information about a running ColdFusion application server.

Sandip: I got it now. So, does the performance monitor doesnt show ColdFusion?

Bryan: No it does show the counters, and they work. I can see them in the graph when I click around in the admin. The problem is they don't show any activity on the other websites, just the admin interface.

Sandip: I am not sure about the performance monitor for Windows. That is a Microsoft product. I would suggest you take this up with Microsoft support.

Bryan: Oh come on now, really?

Bryan: I've been using CF for many, many years and it always worked fine. It's only since upgrading the 2018 that it stopped.

Bryan: Performance monitor is just displaying what Coldfusion sends it, how could Microsoft possible be expected to troubleshoot that?

Sandip: Sir, performance monitor is an windows application. If performance monitor is showing activity for default website, then ColdFusion is recognising it and vice versa. if the other websites are not showing then it is clearly not an issue from ColdFusion end.

Bryan: I think you have that completely backwards. Can I escalate this case please, would like someone else to look at it.

Sandip: Please send me an email to cf.install@adobe.com. I will try to look into this on my end and get back to you.

Bryan: Ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that you need to change the port at the bottom of that admin page, where you enabled pefmon in cf. It defaults to the cf built in web server port (like 8500),which you use for the cf admin.

You want it to be instead the port for the web server connector, which is new since 10. The value can vary depending on config. Look in cf's config/wsconfig and the numbered folder(s), whose workers.properties filenwill show it.

It would be nice for cf to show that on this page, or at least the settings summary page (then this one could point to that) 

CF uses that port for cfstat and metrics logging (the latter new since 10,  when this field for port was added) also on the page. Perhaps it affects perfmom stats also (and I'd so, the page should say it).

Since you say things differ for you from your cf11 setup, check what it is there and let us know, and if this helps.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie, that settings seems to pertain to CFSTAT (which is not even enabled) but I'll give it a try anyway. It requires a CF restart so will do that in the morning and let you know.

We were actually on CF9 before when it was working and that port setting was not an option.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. But to clear, I had proposed both those points:

"CF uses that port for cfstat and metrics logging (the latter new since 10,  when this field for port was added) also on the page. Perhaps it affects perfmom stats also (and I'd so, the page should say it)."

So yep, give it a shot and see if it works. If so, we could get Adobe to change the page to be more clear. (I did mean to say instead "if" not "I'd" in what I wrote originally.)

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok that seemed to work, the other sites are now showing up in Performance Monitor.

What I ended up doing was enabling the CFSTAT checkbox, changing the Connector Port to 80, and restarting the service.

Never did hear anything back from Adobe support.

Thanks again Charlie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation