Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access profile list via script

Explorer ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to allow users to access the profiles on their machine via a selection box - how can I do this? The same one that's in the 'convert to profile' option in Photoshop. Please see attached screenshot - I can't find this anywhere!

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 7.37.13 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020
Only this can be obtained.
123.png

The rest should be read from icc(m) files from folders where Photoshop is looking for them.

And not only in folders
Win: C:/Windows/System32/ spool/drivers/color
Mac: Library/ColorSync/Profiles

It's complicated )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When the users acccess the (output) ICC  profile list (as in your screenshot) is it the convert to profile command you're planning using in the next step?

Do you definitely want them to see the prfoile list within Photoshop and be able to choose one?

If it's not for convert to profile - what would you like to happen once they choose the profile from the "selection box"? 

It's easier for us to help you if we know all about what you are attempting to do? 

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically I'm working on making a simple image processor based on what I need to change - I need to be able to select the profile for a folder of images, and then convert them.

My processor mockop is below, roughly based on Paul-Riggot's processor

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 8.04.24 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Seems like you're trying to make a kind of homespun color server. Thiose are pretty sophisticated tools bit I guess they include more features than you're asking for here.

You might be able to make a 'folder action' for Photoshop, where all files dropped into a certain folder get converted to a preset output profile using a preset rendering intent and associated settings. 

You seem to need multiple destination colourspaces, in that case you'd need multiple folders each with its own action and associated output profile. 

Surely you don't want to offer those who may be inexperienced users thew whole list of every profile on a machine, though? 

What's it going to be used for?

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it not possible to just access the list of profiles? Similar to getActionSets ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ICC Profiles are not really Photoshop’s but the OS’. 

On a Mac they can be located both in Library/ColorSync/Profiles and ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles so I guess you could collect them there via JavaScript. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Only this can be obtained.
123.png

The rest should be read from icc(m) files from folders where Photoshop is looking for them.

And not only in folders
Win: C:/Windows/System32/ spool/drivers/color
Mac: Library/ColorSync/Profiles

It's complicated )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines