• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEP: Proof Colors and send ICC to Print Dialog

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We open the print dialog from our CEP panel and hand over the icc profile as well as the render intent. At the moment when we hand over the print space (icc) to the print dialog, the proof colors mode in the document switches to an other profile which was used sometime before. Here is the code which we use to open the print dialog.  How to avoid that the ICC profile changes in the document?

drucken : function(icc, icctext, render, rendertext, scharf){

var doc = app.activeDocument;
var ps = doc.printSettings;

//Drucker oder PS
ps.colorHandling=PrintColorHandling.PHOTOSHOPMANAGED;
// ICC muss uebergeben werden
ps.printSpace=icc;
// Renderoptionen
if(render==="Img "){
ps.renderIntent=Intent.PERCEPTUAL;
ps.mapBlack=false;
}
/*if(render==="Grp "){
ps.renderIntent=Intent.SATURATION;
}
*/
if(render==="Clrm"){
ps.renderIntent=Intent.RELATIVECOLORIMETRIC;
ps.mapBlack=true;
}
if(render==="AClr"){
ps.renderIntent=Intent.ABSOLUTECOLORIMETRIC;
ps.mapBlack=false;
}
executeAction(charIDToTypeID("Prnt"), undefined, DialogModes.ALL);
},

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Hi

I'm no scripter but can you perhaps add an action to set the "proof" colourspace as you wish?

I would also think you would need to set the output device colourspace now you have invoked "photoshop manages color".

The proof colours mode / profile selected should not change printed appearance unless the print dialog is now set to 'hard printing'. 

Rob Day or Stephen_A_Marsh are your guys for this type of script, I think.

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe foru

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm no scripter but can you perhaps add an action to set the "proof" colourspace as you wish?

I would also think you would need to set the output device colourspace now you have invoked "photoshop manages color".

The proof colours mode / profile selected should not change printed appearance unless the print dialog is now set to 'hard printing'. 

Rob Day or Stephen_A_Marsh are your guys for this type of script, I think.

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain the thread title and the chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I'm not sureh whether you understood our issue correctly. The printing works correctly. The issue is that PS changes the softproof in the document to a random (probably not really random) profile when the print dialog opens. 

But you brougt us to an idea. As a workaround we now set the soft proof profil again after the print dialog closes.

Cheers

Robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am pleased you now have a workaround.

I had not fully understood your situation - because you wrote: "How to avoid that the ICC profile changes in the document?"

The softproof profile that is applied to an open document is imposed only upon the pipeline to the montitor display - its not an ICC profile change in the document, it doesn’t get saved with the document, for example.

All the same, what you were seeing is unexpected behaviour, in my mind.

glad I could help

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain the thread title and the chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, the softproof is only for the monitor display but we hand over the same profile which we use for softproofing to the printing dialog and at the same time when we hand over this profile, the softproof profile in the document changes do a different one. Yes it's unexpected behaviour.

Cheers

Robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robin

Might I ask please, how is the [unexpectedly changed] document softproof setting significant to the printing dialog if you don't call on "hard proofing"?

I don't think you do implement "hard proofing"?

Are you suggesting that altering the view/softproof ICC alters the [standard printing] print output you produce -

You wrote earlier that the print was unchanged by the issue you were experiencing "The printing works correctly."?

If printing is unaffected, why is the [unexpected / unwanted change in] softproof setting of any significance to your process?

Just asking

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Softproof is activated in the view and we hand over the same profile to the print dialog for printing but while we do this the softproof profile changes in the view (behind the print dialog). Of course the user don't want any changes for softproofing and the softproof should be the same after closing the print dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for explaining, understood. 

I agree that it's strange that the selected softproof profile changes just by using your print script, but sometimes it can take an eage to get to the bottom of such an issue so, often, the best way to deal with an issue like this is just to accept it and to come up with a workaround - which you now have.

So all's OK I hope

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines